AVIC411.com

video from iPhone with Screensplitr

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten screensplitr to work using the pioneer ipod cable. Screensplitr lets you see all iphone video over the TV out cables, but I tried with my TV last night and couldn't get any video. The goal would be to display what's on the iphone on the F700bt screen, which would be cool for apps like Rev Lite which has a g-force meter and also things like Pandora radio, even email and web browsing... anyone tried this yet?

edit... this dude seems to have it working, but using TVOut which blacks out the iphone screen, and using the Apple cables. Maybe I should've bought those instead of the Pioneer cable.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-new ... creen.html

It seems like at least in theory screensplitr would work as long as you have the Apple cables

edit again...

here's a cool video from mp3car.com. It doesn't use an f-series but it does show off what's possible with a lot of apps

http://vimeo.com/3139145?pg=embed&sec=&hd=1

I changed the video source in the AV Settings from iPod to Video went to the AV Sources selected AV1 at the bottom instead of iPod.

Using the Stock Pioneer Cable and Running ScreenSplitr it worked pretty well, quality wasnt great but it worked just fine.... as advertised.

Also Realized if i have my iPhone connected and everything set for ipod, if i hit the home button on the iPhone i get my menus back, then i can go to Pandora or AOL Radio or Shoutcast, etc and when i hit play it kills the iPod Audio (pauses it on the screen) and i hear my other audio source thru the speakers.

I'll Try to snap some ScreenSplitr pix tomorrow afternoon.

Screensplitr works great. It does stretch the image to the left and right a little but it does work. TVOUT on the other hand would be the preferred app to use for this but the problem with it is that it blacks out the screen of the phone so you cant effectively use the controls on the phone. This wouldn't be such a problem if it didn't black out the screen for apps like SMS and mail. There is a setting in TVOUT that is suppose to allow you to turn off apps that you dont want to display but it doesn't work.