AVIC411.com

Need a bypass for my F90BT

i have onstar in my truck so i cant use the mute wire bypass. i have tried using the relay and the amp turm on wire way but after i reach 16mph it says error with parking brake and wont let me view my movie/dvd. What else is there to do? i was going to try the software bypass but when i change the 16 to 128 it wont let me save it. Is there another solution/bypass to try? could i get another mute wire with the pin and do it that way and still keep my other mute wire in tact?

The answer you are looking for is yes. You could use the power antenna lead if you don't have a power antenna, or pretty much any small gauge wire that will fit in the connector. The main reason that the mute wire is recommended is for the connector to lock it in the plug. I've heard of a couple people using 22 or 24 gauge wire and bending a tiny bit over the end of the plug itself. The main problem I see with that is the possibility of a bad/poor connection. if you aren't using the speaker wires that might be an option too. I can't remember the exact size if the speaker wires to the mute wire size to say for certain that it would work, but I believe it would.

If you have a old computer laying around with a cd drive you can use the audio cable that goes between the cdrom and motherboard. Pull the pin out of the side that plugs into the CD drive. Its not the exact pin but I was able to shove it in to the Avic connector enough that it stays.