AVIC411.com

F90 ipod won't stay on after turning off car

Sorry for the hopefully dumb question, but why does my iPod turn off every time I turn off the car? I have to replug the ipod back in for it to even recognize the ipod when I turn the car back on. It just starts off in "Off" mode whenever the car is turned back on.

So since those sentances kind of sound like rambling, here is what is happening.

I am listening to my iPod.

I arrive at my destination.

I turn off my car.

I leave my car.

(xx mins later)

I return to my car.

I turn my car on.

I wait for the normal boot up.

I look at the stereo, and nothing is playing, it says "off" is the AV choice

I look at the AV options, iPod isn't there, and USB is greyed out.

I look at my iPod, it is just black screen.

I unplug the iPod, plug it back in, and it starts the iPod from the beginning. (which is annoying because I want to resume where I was in the artist/playlist/etc).

Hopefully a genious can come in this thread and tell me the easy fix. :cry:

well the ipod is supposed to turn OFF every time you turn off the car, usually after 10-30 seconds. otherwise, if it stays on, therefore being charged, it would drain your car battery.

regarding why your system says OFF in the sources when you turn it on, that is weird. what type of ipod are you using? i had a similar problem, but mine would ONLY do it every once in awhile. try resetting the whole unit and see if that helps. if not....welcome to the problems of the f90bt

well the ipod is supposed to turn OFF every time you turn off the car, usually after 10-30 seconds. otherwise, if it stays on, therefore being charged, it would drain your car battery.

regarding why your system says OFF in the sources when you turn it on, that is weird. what type of ipod are you using? i had a similar problem, but mine would ONLY do it every once in awhile. try resetting the whole unit and see if that helps. if not....welcome to the problems of the f90bt

i just ordered my first ipod this week, so these are interesting points to know.. however, does the ipod not use a smart charge feature like cell phones which would only accept charge as it needs it

also, i find that any time the f90 is turned off on a source (usb or sd), then that source is removed while off, it turns on to say OFF on the source screen.. if the ipod is still off, it would of course not be recognized, so that source is no longer there.

Well, that is good that it is turning off when I turn off my car. I am using a 5th gen 80gb ipod. (its black too, does that matter? :lol: ) Anyway, that is strange it happened to you on occation, and I will try to reset the whole unit.

Thanks for the welcome! :D

also, maybe your ipod is going bad. try updating the ipod through itunes and see what happens.

This is a good point also. I haven't plugged my ipod into my computer in a long time. This is because I used it with my old car stereo as well. It is basically a database of music I leave in my car. I will try this also.

I was hoping this problem was just a setting issue, or maybe a data.zip file fix, but I guess it is just a bizarro situation.

i just ordered my first ipod this week, so these are interesting points to know.. however, does the ipod not use a smart charge feature like cell phones which would only accept charge as it needs it

also, i find that any time the f90 is turned off on a source (usb or sd), then that source is removed while off, it turns on to say OFF on the source screen.. if the ipod is still off, it would of course not be recognized, so that source is no longer there.

Well, that makes sense, but I don't remove my ipod. It is still connected. I am simply turning my car and turning it back on. The ipod knows where I left off on my songs, but the headunit forgets that an ipod is connected. I have to reconnect it (currently) to get it to recognize it (which is annoying :cry: )

Thanks for your input so far guys. Hopefully we can figure this out!