AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 w/ Ipod Classic 6th Gen

I'm sure this topic has been talked about in a couple of the threads that are here but i wanted to clarify some other questions that i haven't seen while browsing around these forums.

I just recently bought a ipod classic 120gb i believe it's the 6th generation. I have an avic d3 in my 06 tc and i've been trying to figure out how to get the video to work. I just ordered the PIONEER CD i200 ipod cable but i've been seeing post saying that it wont work on the newer ipods like mine.

My questions are, will the music be able to play ? will the videos be able to play? will the ipod charge? i checked the software version for the ipod and it says software version :2.0.1 , Will i need to downgrade?

I also found out that there is a new cable from pioneer ( i dont know if this is true or not that's why im here asking) for $60 that will make everything work, is there a cable out there? if there is, can somebody please link me to it or just give me the name of the cable.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apple changed the spec for video on all 6th gen ipods and iphone/touch devices in the way its handled by third party accessories. Nothing higher then 5.5 gen ipod will work for video using the CD-I200 cable with the D3. You will need to source out a 5.5 gen ipod video if you want to display video on the D3 screen. You might want to check ebay if you are going to consider this option.

Another way to get ipod video onto the D3 is getting a 3.5 mm a/v cable for the iPod. You can then connect the RCA cables to the back of the D3. You have to control the iPod through the iPod though.

True, but you needed to do that with the video anyway.