AVIC411.com

I GOT BLUETOOTH(PHONE) WORKING W IGO8/LEETLAUNCHER!

Ok,..i may be the only thats really fired up about this, but I stumbled upon a way that bluetooth seems to be working with my Igo8/leetlauncher mods.I tested this in my driveway once, haven't tried it while driving, but I can't think of why that would make a difference.Here's what I did to get it workin,....

Assuming you already have leetlauncher/igo8,....

1. with SD card inserted, boot up to PIONEER first,..let load completely and connect to your bluetooth phone.

2.then go back to leetlauncher menu(Menu, Down) and select TomTom,..dont worry if you do not use or do not have maps,..just get it up and running.

3.then go back to leetlauncher menu(Menu, Down) and select IGO.

Igo should start up normally, bluetooth light stays on,..and I am able to use my phone while the igo navi is displayed.

Like I said, hasn't been tested thoroughly, I just called my voicemail and all seemed good.Haven't tried making a call to someone yet.

Will be doin that soon and will follow up with my findings.

Yup,..gps and everything else seems to be working.I was even able to go back into test mode and close out tomtom,..bluetooth still working because the Tel app is still running...so far so good.

It was a little moody, meaning that it took me a couple of tries to get it goin, but was able to repeat the process and get the same results.GPS and Bluetooth phone workin.

Not sure if you do, but I dont have anything in the TomTom folder other than what came in the leetlauncher file.No maps or anything.

I can see if you have maps loaded, and actually load the tomtom navi, issues with gps may occur.

Just taking a guess here.

how about the phone settings? were you able to access it?

Ihavent had a lot of time to test it out yet, I just sttumbled on it a little over an hour ago.I can say that so far,..I have been able to access my contacts via AVIC interface and make calls...all with gps still workin.

I will let you all know if I notice anything else being compromised.

Ok,..i may be the only thats really fired up about this, but I stumbled upon a way that bluetooth seems to be working with my Igo8/leetlauncher mods.I tested this in my driveway once, haven't tried it while driving, but I can't think of why that would make a difference.Here's what I did to get it workin,....

Assuming you already have leetlauncher/igo8,....

1. with SD card inserted, boot up to PIONEER first,..let load completely and connect to your bluetooth phone.

2.then go back to leetlauncher menu(Menu, Down) and select TomTom,..dont worry if you do not use or do not have maps,..just get it up and running.

3.then go back to leetlauncher menu(Menu, Down) and select IGO.

Igo should start up normally, bluetooth light stays on,..and I am able to use my phone while the igo navi is displayed.

Like I said, hasn't been tested thoroughly, I just called my voicemail and all seemed good.Haven't tried making a call to someone yet.

Will be doin that soon and will follow up with my findings.

I don't have the TOM TOM in my leetlauncher any more, but taking that out of the sequence and booting up to Pioneer first, letting the phone connect and then going to the IGO software gives me a "resevered memory out of error" pop up every time. Its not a big deal to me, I have modded mine to where I like the standard Pioneer system and like using the phone. But thought I'd try and report it back..

Ok,..after further repated boots,..its a bit tricky to get it goin.

I get the same error, but

-i then go to testmode, close tomtom,

-press menu/down and launch igo8, and try no more than 4 times, and it eventually fires up.

kind of a pain in the ass,..i know..but I really liked the hands free feature of the AVIC, so its worth it for me.

I am still not entirely sure why tomtom makes any difference in this, but I can say that somehow, the tomtom launcher allows the AVIC's "Tel" app(BT phone) to continue running, allowing full functionality of the BT phone.

Leetcoder, ...u are my hero,..these mods you have done put pioneer engineers to shame.

I uninstalled my AVIC from my dash, and was ready to sell it, or ship it to pioneer.You gave me hope!,...I reinstalled the deck and couldnt be happier with it,...thanks to u!

The new leetlauncher screenshots look awesome,..I have been counting the minutes until this new version is ready...can't wait!,..but i will ;)

Any idea on when its gonna be ready?