AVIC411.com

F900BT switches to map mode as a call is made *VIDEO*

Hi!

I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

This is my 2nd F900BT. 1st one had many problems and was eventually replaced by the dealer with the current unit.

This one seems a bit better. At least it is not freezing at start-up's 3 times a day... Still not working properly in tunnels etc. and does not seem to make much use of the speed pulse signal...

Problem with this one is that when a call is made from the cell phone, the unit switches to map mode... This happens 95% of the time. 5% ot the times it stays in radio mode. When an incoming call is received, it normally stays in the radio mode, but not always...

Went back to the dealer, and he told me it was supposed to be like this, but could not give me a reason why on earth the unit would go from radio to map screen when a call was made and the fact that it does not happen every time....

My previous unit did not behave like this, so I can't really beleive that it is supposed to behave this way...

I am getting fed up with the F900. Have had nothing but troubble since it was new, so could you guys please take the time to watch the video and tell me if your unit behaves in the same way??

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smjjOlfuikE (notice the polished SS knob from Thomas Hohl)

If not I will be printing the replies and show them to my dealer...

Thanks a lot!!

All F series do this. As to weather it was designed that way or just another bug in the system remains unanswered. My guess is it is a software bug. However it does not keep me from using and enjoying the unit so it is not something I worry about.

Thanks for your replies, guys!

What I find strange is that 5% of the time it stays in Radio (or AV) mode on outgoing calls. It also stays in AV mode with incoming calls, but not always. That makes me think that it is not supposed to be like this.

As said before, I can not remember that my first unit switching to map mode at all....

I can't think of one good reason why the unit should switch to map screen because you start an outgoing call... :cry:

I think the whole system is unstable.

-Somtimes it freezes on start up's

-Normally on start up, you get to the last screen (radio). Other times you end up in main menu or map screen.

-Sometimes on start up, every button and touch buttons in the display is dead. Radio is on, but not controllable. -Hvae to re start.

-Sometimes it remember the last song played on the SD card. Other times it starts to play first song in the whole liberary.

-Most times it auto connects to the cell phone/ bluetooth. Other times not.

-Zoom is very slow.

-etc, etc, etc.....

Unit generally is very slow and obviosly lacks computer power. Kind of reminds me of using an 10 year old computer with 100's of old programs installed...

I wish Pioneer would spend $5 more on processors and pay their programmers $1 more an hour..

Would I buy an F-series again...?? He** NO!!

Thanks for your replies, guys!

What I find strange is that 5% of the time it stays in Radio (or AV) mode on outgoing calls. It also stays in AV mode with incoming calls, but not always. That makes me think that it is not supposed to be like this.

As said before, I can not remember that my first unit switching to map mode at all....

I can't think of one good reason why the unit should switch to map screen because you start an outgoing call... :cry:

I think the whole system is unstable.

-Somtimes it freezes on start up's

-Normally on start up, you get to the last screen (radio). Other times you end up in main menu or map screen.

-Sometimes on start up, every button and touch buttons in the display is dead. Radio is on, but not controllable. -Hvae to re start.

-Sometimes it remember the last song played on the SD card. Other times it starts to play first song in the whole liberary.

-Most times it auto connects to the cell phone/ bluetooth. Other times not.

-Zoom is very slow.

-etc, etc, etc.....

Feel free to step in to the mod community and rebuild the unit to your own preferences, personally I have none of the issues you describe, and I'm very happy with my unit.

As far as swapping to the map screen, I think you'll find that the failure is when it *doesn't* swap to the map screen, as opposed to your thought that the failure was when it *did*