AVIC411.com

OK, ready to give up on data.zip!?!?!!?!

I have scoured this forum, and I can't seem to find an answer. I have an 8gb Sandisk SD Card. I have no problems loading peoples different data.zip files, and no problem getting into testmode. In fact, I dont even have a problem finding the data.zip file once I get into testmode.

What I can't figure out is, how do I "load" the data.zip file onto my unit???? Is it supposed to load automatically due to it's file name? Am I supposed to do something else while inside testmode?

When I do click on the data.zipfile once inside testmode, a box pops up that says the file is not supported by the unit.

Please help!!!!!

I have no problems loading peoples different data.zip files, and no problem getting into testmode. In fact, I dont even have a problem finding the data.zip file once I get into testmode.

See above? So you haven't found the original data.zip file on the flashdisk? The above assumes you have loaded other data.zip into the unit If I misunderstood that comment sorry.

When you get into test mode a box will open up loading files. you have to click in the upper right corner on the close button and close that box. then you got to bottom left start |programs|windows explorer. This will be like navigating windows explorer on your PC. You should have a bunch of folders one of them named flashdisk and one SD card. Go to flashdisk, then in there APL2\IGO and in there is the main IGO files and folder and the data.zip you need to replace with the one from your SD card. As I said, backup first before you copy anything

Also you might want to read the hacks and mods section that explains how all of this works before you start trying to hack your unit. The questions your asking have been answered numerous times in these forums.

Yes, I do apologize. I think my eyes must have gotted tired trying to find what I was looking for. Thanks for the help guys!!!

I feel so stupid right now. So I make a backup of the stock data.zip, and replace it with one "hacked" data.zip. I have sucessfully replaced the data.zip file, and restart the system. Now the Nav doesn't work.

Every time I push the MAP button, it goes right back to the spash screen for like 30 seconds. Won't run Nav at all. So I returned it back to the factory data.zip file, and it works fine. After going through 3 seperate hacked data.zip files, I gave up. Returned it back to the factory data.zipfile, and now it works fine.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. What am I missing here? I swear I have enough computer knowledge to get through this!!!

I feel so stupid right now. So I make a backup of the stock data.zip, and replace it with one "hacked" data.zip. I have sucessfully replaced the data.zip file, and restart the system. Now the Nav doesn't work.

Every time I push the MAP button, it goes right back to the spash screen for like 30 seconds. Won't run Nav at all. So I returned it back to the factory data.zip file, and it works fine. After going through 3 seperate hacked data.zip files, I gave up. Returned it back to the factory data.zipfile, and now it works fine.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. What am I missing here? I swear I have enough computer knowledge to get through this!!!

not 100 percent sure, but also sys.txt, (font).txt and ezrider files. Whos pack are you using?>

You need to copy all the files within the sys.zip file in the apl\igo folder and also copy the data.zip. That at least should get you working, however as I mentioned I am using the modified ezrider.exe and license file. I'm not sure what will happen if you don't use that I didn't test it just stock with my mods. Since I didn't test this with stock ezrider.exe it would be good that you at least copy in the newer one and the license file that goes with it.

Back out your changes and go back to stock. make sure the unit works.

Download this new ezrider.exe and license file and copy to correct locations make sure the unit boots up and map works. If it does great. Next is to copy in the new data.zip and files in sys.zip and test unit right there. If your still good we can go from there. If you don't have all the stock files let me know I'll zip them up as well for you.

http://igo8.gpssoftware.us/avic/newez4avic.zip

You need to copy all the files within the sys.zip file in the apl\igo folder and also copy the data.zip. That at least should get you working, however as I mentioned I am using the modified ezrider.exe and license file. I'm not sure what will happen if you don't use that I didn't test it just stock with my mods. Since I didn't test this with stock ezrider.exe it would be good that you at least copy in the newer one and the license file that goes with it.

Download this new ezrider.exe and license file and copy to correct locations make sure the unit boots up and map works. If it does great. Next is to copy in the new data.zip and files in sys.zip and test unit right there. If your still good we can go from there. If you don't have all the stock files let me know I'll zip them up as well for you.

So I think I have this straight. The sys files get unzipped, and placed in the igo folder? Or do they remain zipped?

So I think I have this straight. The sys files get unzipped, and placed in the igo folder? Or do they remain zipped?

unzip the file and copy everything to igo folder, make sure you back up everything before doing so