AVIC411.com

System reboots at RANDOM on 90BT

Hi all,

I've searched and read almost, if not all, threads about system automatically reboots. Most people are having trouble with "continuous" reboots at start-up. However, mine is doing it at random. My system can run for hours and out of no where, it'd reboot.

First it was once a week. Now it's once a day. Today it got to a point I got tired of it rebooting 5 times on my 30 min drive. Not to mention it froze up as it reboots and I had to press the reset button 3x in a row (just out of frustration) to unfreeze it.

Only mod to the 90BT is hardware bypass. Everything is factory spec with 2.0 firmware.

Any suggestions? I don't even want to sell the unit knowing it's kinda defective.

No sir. Im not from sportbikes.ws.

I have the virgin files back-uped. That's the first thing I do after I realize how problematic this unit can be.

I'm just curious on how to replace all the system files. Do I:

1. copy ALL the back-uped files + testmode onto my SD card

2. boot into testmode

3. overwrite the unit's current files with the ones in the SD

4. reboot

Are these steps correct?

Thanks gsxr.

I just found another thread posted on directions on how to overwrite the old files. Thanks again gsxr, since you're the one who made that post too. Lets hope this will solve the rebooting problem im having.

On the side note.. what is causing the files to get corrupted out of no where? Mine is unmodded, daily used, nothing is tampered with.

Here's an update after reinstalling the V2.0 virgin files......

First day, NO RANDOM reboots. Everything worked fine. Keys and touchscreen are more responsive than before the reinstall.

Second day, RANDOM reboots are back again. Not as frequent, but out of no where it had rebooted on me.

I guess it's time to contact Pioneer about this POS.

This afternoon on the way home from work, approx 45 minutes drive stop and go traffic.

1 reboot occurred.

I forgot to mention my unit reboots while I have the car's ignition off (but with keys in ignition) to watch a movie. Every 15-20 minutes of the DVD playback, the system would reboot. Im guessing the GPS may not be the factor.

I got the unit as a gift. Im not sure if Pioneer will fix my problem even if I got a 2-yr warranty with the 90BT. :roll:

Im not an expect neither. I relied on my friend who installs stereos for a living.

The unit worked for a good 6+ months.. just this past month or so it's been giving me problems.

There is one thing I noticed from reading the forum about this rebooting issue. Yes, the pre-2.0 firmware took a long time to boot and lags a lot, but people seem to have this reboot issue with v2.0 and not with pre-2.0.