AVIC411.com

Applying sofrware bypass but no hardware??

With both methods you need to ground the parking break wire. I would say the cons with the software bypass is there is a greater chance at screwing something up with the software that way. The worst that can happen with the wires is that they are not grounding properly or the mute isnt connecting properly in the new slot. Personaly I would go for the hardware bypass. It was a piece of cake for me.

thats the thing, im practically a newb at this, when u say ground the parking break wire, u mean to connect it to a ground wire right?> couldnt i just hook it up to the ground wire thats coming out of the pioneer to the car wire harness? or do i got to find another spot?

thats the thing, im practically a newb at this, when u say ground the parking break wire, u mean to connect it to a ground wire right?> couldnt i just hook it up to the ground wire thats coming out of the pioneer to the car wire harness? or do i got to find another spot?

Yes you can connect it to the ground wire from your car. Or like me... in my truck I found a nice spot on the frame with a hole and it was the perfect spot. I crimped a u shaped connector on the parking brake wire and mounted it to the metal with a bolt.