AVIC411.com

Urgent:F700BT NOT WORKING, HELP ME BEFORE I MOVE!

So I purchased this unit about a month ago, and it has been installed for a little less than a month. Everything was working fine until about a week ago, when I was driving down the road, and the unit shut itself off and then rebooted. I thought I may have had a loose ground, but the problem seemed to have gone away, so I forgot about it. Well today, i was driving around and it was working fine, until later in the day when I got in the car and started it. The screen was not lit up. It still played music, and let me shuffle through the songs, and eventually the screen came back on, but very dim, I could barely see it. Well I decided to stop, turn the car off and back on and see if that solved the problem, no luck, now the screen doesnt light up at all, no matter what buttons I press. I tried the reset button, but no luck. The unit will turn on, the splash screen will show for about 10 seconds, then straight to black. I finally got the screen to somehow light up, very dim like it was before, and pressed the "restore factory settings" button, and now after it shows the splash screen at start up, it goes to black and says "CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED" and thats it. even gave it a few minutes, just that. Glad to know i spent $450 on this thing! Anyone know what the problem is? I'm not really too familiar with doing any kinda hacks or anything so I'd rather not screw around with the software. I purchased a 3 year warranty from onlinecarstereo.com, but i'm just scared how long its gonna take for the whole process with them. I bought this thing for the navigation primarily, and am moving in less then 2 weeks, so this need to be fixed. Somebody please help me!!!!!

Update on this POS. I reinstalled it last night, and every now and then, if i catch it on start up, I can access the unit by pressing the map button. Other times no matter what I press, it just says, CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGES MAY APPEAR REVERSED. Its acting like I have a backup camera hooked up to it, which I dont! Should I try re-doing the 2.0 update on this thing? I really need this thing to work for the navigation, in like a week and a half!

I can help you out. I have a backup of mine stored at an online backup site. There's a couple things you can try.

First get the test mode files, they're available here at avic411, or I have a copy. Use them to boot into test mode.

Check this post and the one linked in it. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23114

If that doesn't work, pm your email address to me and I'll set you up with the link to download my files and you can overwrite your flash disk with my files, That has worked for everyone thats tried.

• 2 weeks later...

have you checked to make sure that nothing is pinching the reverse wire and grounding it out? is the reverse wire hooked up to anything at all (maybe it the wrong wire and the unit thinks the car is always in reverse)? i would make sure that the reverse wire is fine (not pinched) and not connected to anything and see if that fixes the problem even if there is no camera hooked up.

I suspect you have a problem that I had and many others too. Something in your flash memory in the unit has gotten corrupted and the unit is now having issues.

you have some options:

1) Send the unit back to Pioneer and let them deal with the POS.

2) Find the Testmode software elsewhere in these pages. This will give you a nice little (literally) Windows desktop that will then allow you to access the contents of your "My Flash Disk" storage device internal to the unit. You will also need to find (if you didn't make one your self - and it doesn't sound like you did) an unmolested copy of all the files that belong on the My Flash Disk that is in your unit. You are then going to copy all of those pristine files over the top of all of your existing files. That will likely get you going.

Others have done this and had great success. Mine didn't go so well because somewhere in the process the power to the unit turned off (my bad) and the process was interrupted. Note to self: this is highly undesirable. Essentially my unit is now "bricked".

I have been fiddling around trying to get it to boot from the system files coped to the SD card.....that isn't making it. Might need to ship it off to Pioneer. Oh goody.

Good luck.