AVIC411.com

I have been trying to get my SWI PS to work with my F90Bt in my 08 F250. I am almost certain that I have it wired correctly but it will not program. When i turn on the truck it flashes 9 times like it is supposed to but when I hit the program button it just flashes once real quick and then the light goes off before I can start hitting the steering wheel buttons.

I think my only question about the wiring is that I am supposed to ground a blue and white wire from the factory harness. Am I supposed to cut this wire and ground one end of it, or do I tap into it and run a lead to ground? I really need help here guys, i know you all have the answers....

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=208

Current Information selected.

The information we have on a 2008-2009 Ford - F-Series (250-550) , has been generated below.

1. Quick description before we start wiring the INTERFACE (PESWIAKJ, PESWIPS, PESWIX, PESWIECL).

The INTERFACE's wire color we are going to use is White. This is the White wire on the INTERFACE, not the vehicle!

The other wires on the INTERFACE, green, yellow, orange and blue wires are not used for your Ford F-Series (250-550).

This leaves you with a Red, Black and two loop wires. These wires will be discussed down below.

note: SWC = steering wheel control

2. Picture of the Ford F-Series (250-550) plug.

The connector is viewed from the pin side not wire side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fig. 1

3. Connecting the INTERFACE's SWC input wire to vehicle plug.

Read only note # 1 in the below chart. If it is blank then skip to next step. The other notes in the chart do not apply to your vehicle.

Connect the INTERFACE's White wire to...Pin 18 (Grey/Yellow) of the above connector

Cut the purple loop then connect a 100 ohm resistor to the second purple wire, cap off the first (outside edge) purple wire. Connect other end of resistor to the white wire. The white wire also connects to pin 18 in the car. Connect pin 19 Blue/White wire to chassis ground.