AVIC411.com

Hey all! I am installing an F700BT with HD tuner module. I hooked the antenna into the HD module and I only get HD radio, no FM or AM. Do I need to install an antenna splitter and hook up the AVIC as well? thanks alot for the help!

Read the manual, the HD tuner can get AM/FM and HD. You can use a splitter, I do, just so all icons on the menu actually work.

I read the manual and read that it is capable of all three but I am only getting HD radio, no AM or FM. That's why I figured I would ask the pros. Thanks for responding.

I'm having the same issue as well. Seems like I lost almost everything. I haven't started troubleshooting it yet, so for me, it could very well be a bad antenna connection.

Is there by rare chance a store that sells a splitter? Or am I going to have to make my own?

Well, I solved my issue. Ended up the antenna wasn't making a good enough contact with the HD tuner. I had to pry out the sides of the plug a little to make it a better fit.

Too bad that didnt solve my issue of bad stations in the area...

Well, I solved my issue. Ended up the antenna wasn't making a good enough contact with the HD tuner. I had to pry out the sides of the plug a little to make it a better fit.

Too bad that didnt solve my issue of bad stations in the area...

Everything I've read says that you want to use a splitter and use the internal AM and FM not the ones in the HD Tuner since it's LESS sensitive and provides poorer non HD reception then the originals.