AVIC411.com

F90BT - Fatal Application Error Mssg

I just bought my F-series last week from 6AVE and got it installed by Bestbuy and yesterday it was raining in PA and just got my windows tinted too. When i tried to start the car yesterday then, it was taking forever to load up and kept restarting itself on/off and at the end will come up with a pop up window stating "FATAL APPLICATION ERROR" just like those small warning windows we encounter in our PC's. So i'm lost now, what is the real issue here now? is this product defective? or was the wirring not correctly installed? HELP!

I just bought my F-series last week from 6AVE and got it installed by Bestbuy and yesterday it was raining in PA and just got my windows tinted too. When i tried to start the car yesterday then, it was taking forever to load up and kept restarting itself on/off and at the end will come up with a pop up window stating "FATAL APPLICATION ERROR" just like those small warning windows we encounter in our PC's. So i'm lost now, what is the real issue here now? is this product defective? or was the wirring not correctly installed? HELP!

have you updated to the new firmware, if it came with the v2 update then it might be worth returning to your,

have you done any mods to it, if so then just revert back to originial,

ya, now i have decided to return it. even pioneer asked me to do so unless i wanted to get it serviced in by then since it's under 2yr warranty. i even tried to unpair the bluetooth and hit the reset multiple time when car was turn off and on but no luck. this package came in with the new updated 2.0 firm sticker on it, so that def couldnt b the issue - i assume. i def didn't do any mod settings besides the loudness to super bass.

so i guess i end up getting a defective product. now i have made the claims with 6thAVE and they were happy to send me the shipping slip and will refund me when they recieve it. i think i'm going to go ahead and order a new one from them again and try to see if they can compensiate ($100-150) for my professional installation that i got done by BestBuy.

ya, now i have decided to return it. even pioneer asked me to do so unless i wanted to get it serviced in by then since it's under 2yr warranty. i even tried to unpair the bluetooth and hit the reset multiple time when car was turn off and on but no luck. this package came in with the new updated 2.0 firm sticker on it, so that def couldnt b the issue - i assume. i def didn't do any mod settings besides the loudness to super bass.

so i guess i end up getting a defective product. now i have made the claims with 6thAVE and they were happy to send me the shipping slip and will refund me when they recieve it. i think i'm going to go ahead and order a new one from them again and try to see if they can compensiate ($100-150) for my professional installation that i got done by BestBuy.

i've read couple of post regarding defective units and they all have the update pre-installed

IT always bites to get a defective anything right out of the box. If you want to try reloading a known good 2.0 image, before you have the HU taken back out of the car, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll set you up with access to copy my backup.

oh great, i think im planning on returning this item and replacing it with a new one from the same seller. but i coudl def use what u got if this happens after my 30 days, and you may send me that info to kopsmt at yahoo dot com. i woudl greatly appreciate it and also with the instructions as well for what exactly needs to get done and how. thank u gsxr