AVIC411.com

A couple of problems with the f90bt

I got my f90bt installed in the middle of january and i never had any problems with it until this week. When i press the knob so VR will come up, nothing happens, the music stops playing and the info box on the bottom right corner just vanishes. i have to turn off my car then back on again to get the music to come on and to get the info display back i just have to go to the menu then back to the map and its all back to normal but still no music until i turn my car off...no matter how many times i try i cant get the voice command prompt to come up.

My other problem is that the unit hasn't been recognizing my ipod on start up and i have to disconnect and reconnect it. Before i got my unit i read the ipod wire that comes with it didn't work well so i am using the apple wire. once again i didnt have this problem until this week.

Finally i have 2 problems that have been going on since ive had this unit installed. I have videos on my ipod touch and the video button on the ipod control screen is never enabled for me to select. I can watch DVD's just it wont ever let me select the ipod video option, even when the parking break is up. The second problem is no matter what audio source is selected, i have a low static/hissing noise in the background...i can deal with it, it just doesnt sound normal.

You can flame me if all this has been covered before, i try using the search feature but in the end its pretty much useless and tedious to me...so sorry in advance. If anyone has any idea whats going on with my unit, any kind of help would be amazing.

some background info...i have not bypassed the unit or added anyones mods yet, it is completely stock right now. I also had the unit professionally installed.

thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...