AVIC411.com

Lower ZIP compression for DATA.zip?

Has anybody tried *recompressing* the DATA.zip file with a lower compression rate? I don't know offhand what the compression ratio is, but the higher the ratio the longer it takes to uncompress - right?

So would recompressing the DATA.zip file with almost no compression increase performance of boot time and/or responsiveness of the unit? We would most likely have to change the memory allocation also, but I'm wondering if anybody has thought of this yet...

Has anybody tried *recompressing* the DATA.zip file with a lower compression rate? I don't know offhand what the compression ratio is, but the higher the ratio the longer it takes to uncompress - right?

So would recompressing the DATA.zip file with almost no compression increase performance of boot time and/or responsiveness of the unit? We would most likely have to change the memory allocation also, but I'm wondering if anybody has thought of this yet...

I believe somebody posted here about experimenting with it. Didn't do much. In any case there would be minimal increase if performance, if any. iGO gets files as needed, and even AVIC's processor is fast enough to decompress the file fast enough that you would not notice much of any difference.

If you really feel like it, you can unzip the entire ui_pioneer into APL2\IGO folder and see if it helps any (iGO will take unzipped files if they are present).