AVIC411.com

Problem with testmode files on sd card...sd card not found??

It's my first time playing around with modding...I put all the testmode files on my card in the root directory as advised (trying to do the 'kill beep' mod). See the attachment.

When I put the sd card in and start up the car, it's like the sd card doesn't exist...it goes straight to my radio.

Isn't something supposed to happen that shows me the OS or something?

Sorry for the noob question.

It looks like you unzipped the CONTENTS of the Testmode and Miticap folders into the root of your SD card, correct?

You actually need to retain both of those folders in the root of the SD card.

...and I was having problems booting from my card, also - even though it was formatted FAT32. It *did* have a name, though - so I just reformatted the card and then put the two folders in the root and it booted fine.

It looks like you unzipped the CONTENTS of the Testmode and Miticap folders into the root of your SD card, correct?

yep - was that wrong?

You actually need to retain both of those folders in the root of the SD card.

...and I was having problems booting from my card, also - even though it was formatted FAT32. It *did* have a name, though - so I just reformatted the card and then put the two folders in the root and it booted fine.

How do I retain both of the folders? Which two folders? I'm missing something here...

It is formatted to "FAT" status according to windows.

ok - this is pretty confusing...

I downloaded the Testmode files from download/file.pho?id=4529.

The instructions say put these 2 folders on the root of an sd card. Which two folders? I unzipped the testmode files and put them right on the root of the sd card. What else do I need to do here? What two folders? What should the name of the two folders be? What does MiTACAP have to do with this, and where do I get it from?

Puzzled and searching the forums hasn't yielded me any help...

1. format your SD card FAT32 and do not specify a name

2. go to this link: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977

3. in the 2nd post down by skicrave, click where it says "Download this file"

4. save this file somewhere (like your Windows desktop)

5. open that .zip file - it file will have two folders in it: "Testmode" and "MiTACAP" - put both of these into the root of your SD card

To make sure you did it right, go to "My Computer" in Windows and double click the drive letter of your SD Card. You should see two folders in there: Testmode and MiTACAP. Then put the card into the AVIC and turn the car on.

This is how I did it and I did not have any issues.