AVIC411.com

Which adapter in a 2007 Passat?

I had my F900BT installed professionally but the adapters they had in stock were the Metra XSVI-9003 and they didnt work in my car. I read later on that the were issues with getting it to work with some 2007+ VW vehicules. So what the installer did for the meanwhile until I can find an adapter that works is install a manual kill switch to turn on and off the headunit. Its a little annoying, but its only temporary.

This is what he tried:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... _9003.html

From what I understand, this is what I need?:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 2R_VW.html

I dont have any steering wheel controls. If I understand correctly, with a unit like above I will turn the radio on and off when I insert the key and will give power to the headunit up to 1 hour after the car is turned off (just like the factory headunit)?

That looks like the correct adapter. However, I am not sure it is going to give you the "1 hour when key is off" feature.

As far as the installation. There are switched wires in the car, but they need to be wired to to fuse box... I have an 07 Audi and the adapter I tried to use was the wrong one - like your installer. So for now I have the switched wire wired to the fuse box. No kill switches...Doing it this way could save you $80.00

He did suggest doing that as well, except he said the prob with that is the headunit will not work with the key in the radio on mode ... meaning that the headunit will only work with the iginition on. Is this true with your installation?

Yes he is correct. I basically have to have the car running, or the key switched to "on" (all dash and warning lights on). But for me it is ok because I don't listen to the radio unless I am driving the car.

I am still looking for an adapter for my car...If you run across anything that works for Audi and VW let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Just wanted to know if anyone had an answer about if the headunit would stay powered on for an hour just like orginal unit if I get the adapter. If not, I just get it hooked to the ignition ... having a switch is kind of annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
I used the Connect2 adapter from europe. I dont know about staying on for an hour but with the key it stays on for a while.

Did you got your adapter directly from Connect2? Do you have a steering wheel with buttons? Do the "change preset" buttons work as well? Do you get in yout MFD screen info about which station are you listening etc?

Sorry for shooting too many questions! I am thinking to get this adapter for my 2007 Passat as well... :D

Did you got your adapter directly from Connect2? Do you have a steering wheel with buttons? Do the "change preset" buttons work as well? Do you get in yout MFD screen info about which station are you listening etc?

yes, yes, no, it (the pioneer unit) does a 'search next/previous station' and in the MFD you only get 'audio active'

there are rumours about a f9110 for VAG cars, that might display more info though

Regards, Skippy2

there are rumours about a f9110 for VAG cars, that might display more info though

Regards, Skippy2

I was informed yesterday by the shop that I installed my F900BT about the new model F9110BT. He will ask if they (Pioneer) have come up with a new adapter that collaborates better with VAG cars and if there is one, if we can use it with F900BT as well.