AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT in 2000 Bravada

I am having trouble with my new headunit. Everything was working fine after I installed it and did the hardware bypass. The only thing that didn't seem right was that after I would start driving the warning screen for the handbrake would come up, and I would hit ok and everything would continue to operate normally. Well I decided that I would boot into test mode to edit the handbrake value from 16 to 128. I booted into test mode only to realize that you could not edit the file from there. That is all I did. Booted into test mode and then turned the truck off. Now every time the handbrake warning comes on the unit reboots over and over and over again. I tried resetting the unit. That did not work. So I thought maybe if I copy a new data.zip file over with the handbrake value changed to 128 then the warning would not come up and it would not reboot. That did not work, the unit would not boot at all. So I copied the original data.zip back and now I am right back were I started. Unit reboots ever time the handbrake warning come on and the truck is moving. If the truck is not moving everything seems to work fine. First, should the handbrake warning come on if I did the hardware bypass correctly? Before I booted to test mode the first time the warning would come up and I would click OK and everything would continue to work and I could still enter routes wile in motion. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their units? Any help would be appreciated.

I am having trouble with my new headunit. Everything was working fine after I installed it and did the hardware bypass. The only thing that didn't seem right was that after I would start driving the warning screen for the handbrake would come up, and I would hit ok and everything would continue to operate normally. Well I decided that I would boot into test mode to edit the handbrake value from 16 to 128. I booted into test mode only to realize that you could not edit the file from there. That is all I did. Booted into test mode and then turned the truck off. Now every time the handbrake warning comes on the unit reboots over and over and over again. I tried resetting the unit. That did not work. So I thought maybe if I copy a new data.zip file over with the handbrake value changed to 128 then the warning would not come up and it would not reboot. That did not work, the unit would not boot at all. So I copied the original data.zip back and now I am right back were I started. Unit reboots ever time the handbrake warning come on and the truck is moving. If the truck is not moving everything seems to work fine. First, should the handbrake warning come on if I did the hardware bypass correctly? Before I booted to test mode the first time the warning would come up and I would click OK and everything would continue to work and I could still enter routes wile in motion. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their units? Any help would be appreciated.

With a correct hardware bypass, parking brake message should not appear. I would start with copying over a DATA.ZIP from 2.0 firmware upgrade. If that does not help, try disconnecting wires and see if something is messed up with connections...

Even though the handbrake warning came up I was still able to enter route info while moving. Why do you move the mute wire to an empty spot on the harness? Is that telling the headunit to not worry about the handbrake? I moved the mute wire, attached it to the handbrake wire and grounded it to the chassis. I will pull the headunit tonight and check my wiring.

i would check to make sure that you moved the mute wire to the corect spot, i have seen the hand brake warning come up a few times where people moved the pin to the wrong location (like following the bypass for the D3 which uses a different pin)