AVIC411.com

Upgrade to F700BT from AVIC-D3?

Is this a good idea? I'm not going to get rid of the D3, I'm going to be installing it in my girlfriends new car. But what functionality am I going to lose other than the obvious no DVD. I have an iPod Video 30GB that I load movies onto when I need to have them for the car. I also know that I'll lose Dual Zone capability, which isn't a big deal as I don't run anything in dual zone right now. I don't "have" to upgrade myself, but it's usually the way I do things.. What do you guys think?

TIA!

eGo

• 2 weeks later...

I went from a D2 to the F90BT and I would NEVER go back. The startup is slow to allow input of commands but the radio starts up within a few seconds - not a big deal for me...especially since the D2 had to go through the same old 'startup splash screen routine' that the D2 did. I honestly don't think it's THAT different at startup. Afterwords it is so much nicer that any additional delay is far outweighed but the screen quailty, bluetooth, ipod, etc.

A lot of negativity about the F-series around here, but I'm more than happy with mine. As a matter of fact, I had the D@ for several years and my wife hated it. Once I got the F90BT, she not only liked it, she had to have one put in hers too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a D3 as well, I just received a brand new F700BT, but I am considering sending it back.

I thought the D3's start up took long, the F700 is longer? what about the response when using it, does it control the ipod effectivly, does it scroll through song lists quickly?

My main problem with the d3 is the ipod scrolling, you have to sit and page down again and again and if you mess up you have to start from the beginning, and the response time is so slow it is difficult to use while driving.

is the F700BT any better?

thank you

i really like the ipod interface, plus with voice rec, you can just say the name of the artist or the playlist you want to hear. i also dig the fact that you can play videos right off the touchscreen and dont have to use the ipod to select anymore