AVIC411.com

New User / Reboots and updates

Hi,

I'm a new f90 owner and had a few basic questions. The system worked great (a few days) until I paired my iphone 3g up to it via bluetooth. then it seemed as though it would "reboot" itself during long (30 minutes or more) rides. The box says it was updated to 2.0. How would I check to make sure I have the latest firmware and blue tooth "driver"? Also, do you have to stay on the msn status screen to have your subscription activated?

JOHN

Also, do you have to stay on the msn status screen to have your subscription activated?

No. Just activate it and then after driving your car for about 10 minutes you should have some stuff.

However, you can go to that screen to see what your reception quality is... If it's low, you'll probably have to wait quite a while. And if it's low, you're probably going to be very frustrated with the service in a hurry.

• 4 weeks later...

I having the same issue with the same phone on a 700BT. Try to pair an iPhone 3G and it reboots every time. It worked one time the day I got the unit, then started rebooting when someone called in. I re-paired the device and now it will only reboot when trying to pair.

How would I check to make sure I have the latest firmware and blue tooth "driver"?

JOHN

Go to Pioneers web page and surf to the 2.0 firmware update. There will be a step step on how to tell if you have the 2.0 firmware and the latest BT drivers. Some others were having this problem and it ended up being the way the contacts were put in their phone. I beleive they had to change the contact names to not have any special characters just letters. So if you had 2 contact with the same name you could not have "Saraha(hot)" and then another "Saraha(ugly)" to differentiat between the two you can only have "Saraha". Good luck :mrgreen: