AVIC411.com

I thought it would have been a good idea but i guess not

Hey guys i've had my f900 for a few months now and love it, now that being said here is my prob, I didnt purchase the ipod cable which i didnt think would be a proble cause we do have the usb port i figured i would just be able to take the cable for the computer and plug it in. Well 2 months later after installing the radio i finally tried it all functions come up on the radio everything seems to work pioneer comes up on the ipod everything is great except i get no sound. So i guess my question is has anyone ever tried this and was anyone ever successful or should i just bite the bullet buy the cable and and take my dash apart again. Any suggestions would be helpful at this point thanks in advance

hey whats up man basically from what i understand the avic can see the ipod because it controls it via usb, but it plays the audio portion of the ipod through the composite RCA cables (yellow, red, white) to the Audio Video source line on the back of the avic. So like yes you can see your ipod and play songs through it but hearing it and watching your videos will be a no go because it uses the RCA lines to bring in the audio video signal. To save the time and money it would just be a better bet to purchase the pioneer 230v cable or get Apples AV composite one (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 ... o=MzQwMzQw)