AVIC411.com

Brand New to Pioner AVIC

What's up all,

Just signned up and am seriously considering a F700BT. I have no need for the DVD function so I eliminated the 900 and 90 (even though the higher voltage output would be nice on the 90, but not crucial). I know these units are pretty hackable but would like to know some hacks that are absolutely necessary. Also, it would be between this unit, Kenwood or Eclipse. I have been an avid Pioneer fan throughout my car audio lifetime and would like to stay in the family. The only thing that is pushing me towards other brands are some of the negative feedback I've heard (Gramin in Kenwood sounds real nice and would like to know if this system is comparable and what could be done to upgrade it). I am also considering a D3 (which I know is discontinued) but with the lower screen res and nav disc requirement pushes that out of the picture (but I do agree it looks better than the F series). Please help me out in deciding which route I should go.

Thanks so much and I just found out about this site today and so far it looks VERY promising if I end up with an AVIC.