AVIC411.com

Goes to startup screen... then black

my F90-bt just started this after being installed for 6 months. i turn the car on and it goes to startup screen... then to black. i have to reset it several times and then after mashing some buttons i get the small rectangle in the bottom of the screen. when i finally can see the menu's all of the text isnt visible, just the icons....

anyone have a clue what the hell this could be?

How to re-flash update from SD if unit goes blank after 10-15 seconds . . Also, how to reach test mode CE screen when unit stops (10-15 seconds) before you reach the end of "loading" (in test mode) . .

It was a few days that I got this problem after the regular oil change - sounds crazy, but these guys did something wrong with the battery power in order to "reset" oil change warning . . .

There will be no problem at all if I can get Windows CE screen before unit goes blank , , , I do have backup files, software update 2 and test mode files . . . .

Any ideas?

Same thing started happening to me this morning too. I just got the vehicle back after getting some warrenty service taken care of the other day. Completely stock unit, no mods, shipped with the 2.0 upgrade. Let me know if you figured out a fix before I start playing around with it.

Just fixed mine. Somehow the backup camera was turned on, and I don't have a backup camera hooked up. Funny thing is this started after I had the car at the dealership. The tech asked me about the headunit when he told me that my car was ready and said he was thinking of buying one. I bet he was fooling around with it and turned it on...

How to re-flash update from SD if unit goes blank after 10-15 seconds . . Also, how to reach test mode CE screen when unit stops (10-15 seconds) before you reach the end of "loading" (in test mode) . .

It was a few days that I got this problem after the regular oil change - sounds crazy, but these guys did something wrong with the battery power in order to "reset" oil change warning . . .

There will be no problem at all if I can get Windows CE screen before unit goes blank , , , I do have backup files, software update 2 and test mode files . . . .

Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Unit starts with logo, then black screen (also the led's are off). Unit is still on, I can hear the FAN. I already disconnected the car battery, no luck.

* Unable to reload firmware

* Unable to start from testmode

I had this same problem on my F90BT, installed for two months working fine, had software bypass and speedcam mods. The other day I did an engine wash then the unit would show splash screen then shut off after 20 secs.

I suspect a power glitch of sorts caused data coruption.

I was able to do the 2.0 firmware update which seem to fix the shutting off fault, but the unit would still hang on the splash screen, some menu items worked but not all. I then was able to use testmode and reload a virgin backup copy of "my flash disk". Unit work fine after this, reloaded mods and still working. Weird people having same issues at same time?

I got the same problem yesterday, but I've found how to see somtething after booting. When the screen come black wait 1-2 minute and press map bouton. For me I got the screen that tell me to not driving and blablabla and after I can press the menu bouton. Need to reinstall software I think.

Just got off the phone with pioneer who told me that this problem occurs because the unit is bypassed, which it is. They said it would have to be wired correctly to fix the issue. I refuse to accept that. I was able to fix my unit myself. It would show the splash screen for about 10 seconds then go to a black screen. After the black screen was up for about 45 seconds i would have to press the map button and then the screen would show. Not the end of the world but annoying none the less.

It turns out the problem is in the backup camera setting (i have no backup camera connected). Go into settings>system settings>backup camera

both buttons will appear unselected. push the off button, back out of the settings screen, and try turning the car on and off. Unit should reboot normally.

This worked for me hope it works for you too.

I have a three week old 900bt that just did the blank screen thing yesterday. I don't have the hadrware or software bypass so Pioneer is WRONG. I am going to try hitting the map button and see if I can get my unit to boot. I do know for sure that I had the backup cam disabled on my unit.