AVIC411.com

Purchased F90BT today, what do you think the .........

chances are that Pioneer will offer me a free map upgrade when it becomes available?

Thanks,

Scott

BTW, great forum!! I'm happy to have joined. :D

Free map upgrade, very unlikely. They have to pay licensing fees to map providers.

Another free firmware upgrade, quite possible.

• 1 month later...

My house was built eight years ago and the street has been here for ten. My house address or street is not available on the map! My wife's 2005 Honda accord factory GPS and my daughter's three year old hand held Garmin has our address. Totally unacceptable!!

Free Map Update? Hell, I'd PAY them for it, IF THEY'D JUST GET ONE OUT.

I live in Coastal South Carolina and "they" seem to be trying to figure out how to pave over the Atlantic Ocean. My '09 F-90 had '07 SC maps, go figure. My oldest Garmin, from 5-6 years ago, seems a bit more up to date. I'm not "into" hacks, and the few map up dates I've found seem difficult, to say the least. I recall talking to a Mercedes sales rep several years ago and I asked, "How's that working out" referring to the nav system. He said, "Ok, out there, pointing to the main highway, not too good in the subdivisions, the hand held units are much better." (Tele-Atlas, then?) Methinks they ain't improved much at Pioneer. But, I will say the thing has taken me any place I want to go, BUT the POIs are lacking. Also It does not know where I live, small street in large area, but it gets me withing "rock throwing" distance, while telling me my destination is "unreachable" or something like that.

Oh well, stay tuned, I guess. The rest of the thing works fine, with no (I hope) problems related at times on this forum. Oh, I do wish the screen were a bit brighter, top down, forget it, thank goodness for voice control.

Tom

07 MX-5, Miata, 7800 miles, F-90

94 MB E320, 233,000 miles, Garmin 760