AVIC411.com

TestMode Freezes When It Copies It's Files Over! Why?

I followed these instructions with my F90T v2 and it always freezes! Can anyone help me? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Q. How are software modifications made to the F-Series?

A. All software modifications are performed on a separate computer, and then copied over to the F-Series. This was made possible when Pioneer released the first firmware update, which booted the F-Series directly into the Windows CE environment when the update was complete. The folder Pioneer used to access Windows CE was called Testmode, which has led to the phrase Testmode being used to describe accessing the F-Series.

To enter Testmode, follow these instructions:

* Download this file.

* Place the testmode and MiTACAP folders in the root of your SD card.

* Install the SD card in the F-Series SD slot and turn on the ignition.

* After a few minutes the system will load and copy some files, when that is done, close the copy window and you have full access to the Windows CE environment.

I followed these instructions with my F90T v2 and it always freezes! Can anyone help me? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Q. How are software modifications made to the F-Series?

A. All software modifications are performed on a separate computer, and then copied over to the F-Series. This was made possible when Pioneer released the first firmware update, which booted the F-Series directly into the Windows CE environment when the update was complete. The folder Pioneer used to access Windows CE was called Testmode, which has led to the phrase Testmode being used to describe accessing the F-Series.

To enter Testmode, follow these instructions:

* Download this file.

* Place the testmode and MiTACAP folders in the root of your SD card.

* Install the SD card in the F-Series SD slot and turn on the ignition.

* After a few minutes the system will load and copy some files, when that is done, close the copy window and you have full access to the Windows CE environment.

first off, make sure you calibrate your screen before you go into testmode, when you go into testmode, after the copying part is done hit the x on the upper right portion of the box,

How long have you waited for it to finish copying files. I know you said it freezes but i have had mine hange up for about 4-5 min during the copy screen, i thought it had froze up but it was just being slow.

I beleive i have read somewhere that if you cycle power during the copy portion that it can mess up your HU. If i am wrong someone will chime in and correct me.

How long have you waited for it to finish copying files. I know you said it freezes but i have had mine hange up for about 4-5 min during the copy screen, i thought it had froze up but it was just being slow.

I beleive i have read somewhere that if you cycle power during the copy portion that it can mess up your HU. If i am wrong someone will chime in and correct me.

It should take about 30 seconds to copy the files, you should see a window open up in the middle of the screen with the words copying files and blue progress bar.... and this take about 30 seconds and then that window is done and you close the big window with the X in the right hand corner.