AVIC411.com

Avic-f500bt + ND-G500 Power & Noise Troubles Please Help

This is my setup.

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Stock Stereo (6CD basic stereo)

A100 Bazooka Tube

AVIC-LINC (AVIC-F500BT + ND-G500)

This is my problem.

I just wired everything in today being very carefull with where the wires go. I am experiencing two problems....

#1 - When I turn on my vehicle I get no power to the AVIC-F500BT in the cradle (I need to use the cigarette adapter).

#2 - When the ND-G500 kicks in and gives a command or something I am getting a wining noise in the speakers.

Here is how I have everything hooked up.

First the ND-G500 to Titan wiring

Red wire to Violet wire (accessory)

Yellow wire to Yellow wire (constant +12v)

Black wire to Chassis (ground)

Speaker wires are hooked correctly because it mutes my stereo and the F500BT comes through.

Second the ND-G500 to F500BT wiring (harness)

Blue/White wire to Blue/White wire (amp remote)

RED/BLACK to Black plug (F500BT Power wire)

Third the F500BT to Titan wiring

Yellow wire to Yellow (constant +12V)

Purple/White wire to Green/White (reverse signal for backup camera)

I think that is about it....

The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the F500BT's cradle or harness.

Any help would be great :)

Cru

Update : The wining issue seems to be coming from the ND-G500 to the F500BT. When I hook up the plug for the +5v (the same plug for the cigarette adapter) that is when I get the wining. I disconnect.... no noise. I then hooked up the cigarette adapter to the +5v lead on the F500BT adapter (running into the cradle), plugged it into the lighter socket and I get no noise, but I also get no power.....

Power only works when I plug it directly into the 500BT. Do you think it's a problem with the cradle, the harness or the 500BT itself?

The amp wire seems to be working fine because I unplugged it from the ND-G500 and it stopped working... plugged it back in and it was working great.

Cru

Sorry, I am having problems with my set-up atm. When I first installed everything about two months ago, it was working flawless with my DEH-P770MP. Then it began to short out, the amp would turn on and sound would come out from the amp intermitently, after about a week of that, nothing. The F500BT comes on but no sound out of the amp from the F500BT or my stereo.

I thought initially it was a problem with the amp so I had it repaired under warranty. Well I got the amp back three days ago and plugged it in. And to my horror, same problem. I do hear a quick clip coming from the right rear speaker but that's it. No sound from the F500BT or my DEH-P770MP.

Now unless pioneer's "authorized" service center screwed the pooch, its either the cradle, the harness from the cradle to the amp, or the amp itself again. I have verified that there is a 12v at the amp on the red(ignition), yellow(constant), and I also made sure there was a good ground. I verified that there is a 5v source going to the F500BT. Now when I check the Remote turn on from the F500BT I see with it off around 4volts and some change and with it on close to zero. I'd say around .5v. I get no sound from the AVIC or my deck. I verified that there is voltage coming from the speaker wires coming from my deck. I am at a lost as to the problem, I am about to pull it all out and return it, but like the setup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Erik

If you are getting power to G500 and the f500bt is turning on but no sound, then I would say that you have a problem with the cable between the two units. The cable running from the G500 to the speakers would need all of the wires to fail not to hear sound. In your case it was working and then nothing at all....

The first thing I would do is go to a store and swap the f500bt and see if that does anything... if not then it has to be the linking cable.

I know it sucks having to pull the harness out, but it's the only thing that makes sense!

Good luck :)

Cru

One other thing.... when I would connect the auxillary wire from the f500bt to the G500 (the one that sends the signal to turn on) then the sound from my stock stereo would cut out. That is how I figured out I had a problem with the harness.

When disconnected it would work!!!

Cru