AVIC411.com

f700bt speed control and gps/xm antenna

so i have an avic f700-bt in my 07 tahoe. the manual said to place the gps and xm antenna's on the roof and 6 in away from the sidewall. so i have placed them underneath my headliner and 6 in away from the sidewall. well my gps and xm cutout extensively and it is really annoying. anyone know of a good placement to stick those antenna's so they won't cut out? if so let me know. also i was wondering if there is a speed control wire that i need to hook up for the gps for my f700. i have asked around and the majority of the answers i keep getting is that the f90 and f900 only require a speed control hook. need info from you guys if possible.

thanks

so i have an avic f700-bt in my 07 tahoe. the manual said to place the gps and xm antenna's on the roof and 6 in away from the sidewall. so i have placed them underneath my headliner and 6 in away from the sidewall. well my gps and xm cutout extensively and it is really annoying. anyone know of a good placement to stick those antenna's so they won't cut out? if so let me know. also i was wondering if there is a speed control wire that i need to hook up for the gps for my f700. i have asked around and the majority of the answers i keep getting is that the f90 and f900 only require a speed control hook. need info from you guys if possible.

thanks

F700 does not have a speed sensor input.

Now, when you say underneath the headliner, are your antennas under the (metal, I presume) roof?! I'm surprised you are getting any signal whatsoever then. You should either place them on top of the roof, or somewhere very near the windshield, although this is not as good a location...

yes the antenna's are attached to the roof of the car underneath the head liner. and 6 in away from the sidewall.

So, if I get it correctly, antennas are inside the car right under the roof. Metal roof would be pretty good shield for radio waves (i.e. GPS signal or XM), so no wonder it is cutting out. You need to move them to the top of the roof... if this is not practical, you could set them on the dash, under the windshield. Glass usually does not block the signal too much, even though you will be limiting available view of the sky...