AVIC411.com

Quadlock connector to Avic D3

Does anyone have any info on the new Porsche Boxster or Cayman Gen 2 2009 CDR30 removal and fitting of an AVIC D3

Either porsche or beacker have now used a Quadlock connector.

Does anyone no were to get a conversion connector or patch lead of some kind.

Or can anyone recommend a site or company that might be able to help me find the right connector.

Porsche wont tell me anything.

thanks mike :x

Juding from your reply, I guess you have never been in a porsche show room let alone a porsche car. Porsche cars do in deed have an option for DVD and sat nav, no different to other decent make cars, It just depends if you want to pay there prices, and you like the systems they offer.

personaly I prefere the Avic D3, it has better sound qualitys and gives me more options to fit after market accessories to it, like an I phone or blue tooth control. along with an amplifire and sub etc.

The next time you pass a porsche show room pop in and ask how much the sat nav DVD option cost.

Then price up a new Avic and see how much the difference is.

Your right I have never been in a Porsche car or showroom. They have never been a car which I fancied. I do however have friends who own Mercedes and Lexus. Their cars actually came with the Navi system and it wasn't even an option. And after listening to their systems and checking out the navigation it was just as good if not better than the D3. So I figured for the money that you have to pay for a Caymone or Boxster it should already come with a standard high quality entertainment system and Navigation system.

• 2 months later...
Juding from your reply, I guess you have never been in a porsche show room let alone a porsche car...The next time you pass a porsche show room pop in and ask how much the sat nav DVD option cost.

Then price up a new Avic and see how much the difference is.

Apparently, you have no interest in getting help with your crappy *ss response to a simple question.

Good luck!

BTW: the AVIC D3 isn't a new AVIC.

I have the information required, no thanks to some of the idiots that left comments here.

If anyone wants information on how to fit an aftermarket unit of any type in a porsche then go ask.

euromotorspeed.com they are very helpfull. Check out there after market kits on ebay.

A lot cheaper than paying porsche prices for PCM systems. and you can customise your system to your taste and wallet.

Even porsche now do kits to fit I phones to there PCM sat nav, go check the price, then check the price of an AVIC D3 or simular.

I dont buy a car, just because it has a sat nav fitted, I buy a car because I like the way it performs, and value for money. Check out the resale prices.