AVIC411.com

CD-SR1 controls?

What will the Pioneer CD-SR1 control on the Z1? Will all functions work as if you were using them on the touch screen? Can you switch between Nav & DVD on the fly? If a cop is coming up from the rear, can you quickly swithc DVD to Nav? Also I hate seeing fingerprints on a LCD display.

Thanks
It has a source button so you could switch from DVD to the music library, or radio, or whatever other source units you have installed

[quote name="tobwco"]What will the Pioneer CD-SR1 control on the Z1? Will all functions work as if you were using them on the touch screen? Can you switch between Nav & DVD on the fly? If a cop is coming up from the rear, can you quickly swithc DVD to Nav? Also I hate seeing fingerprints on a LCD display.

Thanks[/quote]
  • 1 month later...
does this remote control have the ability to change volume and next track on the ipod/cd?

i always complained my audi a4 doesnt have the steering wheel with radio controls, i guess this remote control solved my problem

if it's able to change volume and have next/previous track buttons available, i'm happy

can someone confirm that 4 me?

thanks fellas
Including at pioneerelectronics.com store. Some websites show 'avialable' but when I call them, they respond saying 'back ordered'.

Any clue about a reliable site that is actually carrying them in stock?

I called audiovideodimension.com and they said they are carrying it. But I am not able to authenticate their presence (selling out of a small 'suite' in austin/texas and no ratings in any website).

Professionally at a local pioneer dealer installed AVIC-Z1 with bluetooth, ipod and XM/NavTraffic on my 1997 Infiniti Q45 sedan! In love with this unit and its features. Just amazing - was hoping to get the remote in time before the holidays to help in some roadtrips, but now now sure when I can get one!!!
Just now called them, they said the item is not in stock. I complained that their website says 'available' and they said they will update that status shortly. Said they are mostly busy doing ebay sales and hence cannot keep the website up-to-date...

Please check that they have 'shipped' the item, call them!

I ordered through audiovideodimension.com because when I called they said they have 6items in stock! I am waiting to see the 'shipped' status, still says 'processing'.

I think this remote is on a national shortage, have checked virtually every available reseller/dealer/online and no one has in stock.
[quote name="pnanda"]Just now called them, they said the item is not in stock. I complained that their website says 'available' and they said they will update that status shortly. Said they are mostly busy doing ebay sales and hence cannot keep the website up-to-date...

Please check that they have 'shipped' the item, call them!

I ordered through audiovideodimension.com because when I called they said they have 6items in stock! I am waiting to see the 'shipped' status, still says 'processing'.

I think this remote is on a national shortage, have checked virtually every available reseller/dealer/online and no one has in stock.[/quote]

This where I ordered mine from:

[url=http://www.hifiaudioonline.com/inc/searchresults?s=cd-sr1&ss=cd-sr1&n=894333]http://www.hifiaudioonline.com/inc/sear ... 1&n=894333[/url]

They were the cheapest, fastest, and most efficient. They sent me the tracking number and I had the item within 3 business days. My experience was GREAT with them...you cant beat the FREE shipping!!!

Good Luck!!!!
damn, the store were i got it from says they are out of stock.. :(
does anyone know a store that currently has it in stock??

i looked at 15-20 websites, they're all out

and by the way, i'm seeing a new remote control that i haven't seen before the cd-sr11...how good is this one compared to the cd-sr1?

they look pretty similar in the pictures, that's why i'm asking