AVIC411.com

Not showing all street names / slow

i noticed street names don't show up till i about pass the street, is this normal or is there something i changed? i am running cmh's mod. yesterday was about the first day i acutally got the car out and drove with map on and was a lil disappointed if this is how it works by design.

thanks

brian

i noticed street names don't show up till i about pass the street, is this normal or is there something i changed? i am running cmh's mod. yesterday was about the first day i acutally got the car out and drove with map on and was a lil disappointed if this is how it works by design.

thanks

brian

Which color scheme are you using? Some of them tend to make stret names invisible except when very close in 3D mode...

thanks

brian

Which color scheme are you using? Some of them tend to make stret names invisible except when very close in 3D mode...

i don't remember, ill try switching that around next time i take car out. never thought of that. thanks

what theme seems to not do it, so i can try that

thanks

brian

i don't remember, ill try switching that around next time i take car out. never thought of that. thanks

what theme seems to not do it, so i can try that

Well, the default Pioneer schemes are OK. I think Google, Ger, Pistachio are OK as well. Some of the Real View and Xerces ones add good building visibility but specifically on AVIC they tend to hide street names.

There was a thread in the hacks forum about [clip_planes] section in the color scheme file where you can adjust street visibility...

I just checked and still none of the street names are showing up, tried pioneer and google.

i also turned off smart zoom, still nothing.

any other ideas?

Thanks

Are you using any of the mods that have a modified clip_planes file?