AVIC411.com

OK this is hard to explain but here goes. I have an iPhone 3G and when I hook it up and play music while my GPS also has a destination typed in (i.e. my home address) the music sort of pauses about every 30 seconds. It's almost as tho it's too much for my GPS to work while the iPhone is is playing. Anyone else having this trouble? Let me know if there's something I can do. Thanks!

OK this is hard to explain but here goes. I have an iPhone 3G and when I hook it up and play music while my GPS also has a destination typed in (i.e. my home address) the music sort of pauses about every 30 seconds. It's almost as tho it's too much for my GPS to work while the iPhone is is playing. Anyone else having this trouble? Let me know if there's something I can do. Thanks!

(sigh... nobody wants to either search or read manuals anymore)

Either increase voice volume to actually listen to directions, or change AV settings not to mute music when giving directions...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I need some direction on this very issue, so I'm bumping an old thread. I read the manual, see where I can change the setting to not mute the music when playing. According to the manual, AV1 has to be set to off. I changed mine to OFF, turned the unit off, turned it back on - MUTE input/GUIDE is still grayed out. Do I need to turn the AV1 off, then reset the unit, or is there something that I'm missing here?

Okay, I need some direction on this very issue, so I'm bumping an old thread. I read the manual, see where I can change the setting to not mute the music when playing. According to the manual, AV1 has to be set to off. I changed mine to OFF, turned the unit off, turned it back on - MUTE input/GUIDE is still grayed out. Do I need to turn the AV1 off, then reset the unit, or is there something that I'm missing here?

Actually, for this setting to work you need to change (all of) AV to OFF. So, go to AV Sources screen, select OFF, then go back to settings and adjust muting.

How can he turn off the AV source? He'd never hear the iphone music!

What the OP needs to is to install the mute button mod. I had the same issue at the start, I turned the nav volume down to nothing but it was still cutting into my music. The mute button mod will actually turn off the nav voice but leave all other sounds, i.e speed cam active.

Actually, for this setting to work you need to change (all of) AV to OFF. So, go to AV Sources screen, select OFF, then go back to settings and adjust muting.

Ya know Boris, it seems so stupid that I didn't think of that before. The manual is a little cryptic about this, but now that I've figured this one out, much better.

BTW, I didn't remember seeing in the manual that you could pick Mute, Att, OR Normal.

Ya know Boris, it seems so stupid that I didn't think of that before. The manual is a little cryptic about this, but now that I've figured this one out, much better.

BTW, I didn't remember seeing in the manual that you could pick Mute, Att, OR Normal.

It's in the manual, but it is, indeed, not the most transparent wording...