AVIC411.com

trying to change clock

i'm trying to take some code from maverick for the clock, i put it in my stock data.zip but the unit constantly reboots, it's fine when i install the stock data.zip file, is there anything else i need to change before modifying the data.zip file?

could you clarify this, i put it in my stock data.zip but the unit constantly reboots, it's fine when i install the stock data.zip file

andcould you post the code your trying to copy?

You can't just drop random code into a ui. Did you comment out your original clock? Otherwise you'll have 2 clocks. Do you have a "ui_housenumbers" in your navmap8x4.ui?

You'd be better off to just change the font size of your original clock if that is all you are trying to accomplish. Do not unzip the data.zip. Download 7zip and use it to open, not extract the data.zip. Navigate to the navmap8x4.ui. Right click it and hit "edit." Make your changes and close notepad. Click save when asked and then hit update when asked.

You can't just drop random code into a ui. Did you comment out your original clock? Otherwise you'll have 2 clocks. Do you have a "ui_housenumbers" in your navmap8x4.ui?

You'd be better off to just change the font size of your original clock if that is all you are trying to accomplish. Do not unzip the data.zip. Download 7zip and use it to open, not extract the data.zip. Navigate to the navmap8x4.ui. Right click it and hit "edit." Make your changes and close notepad. Click save when asked and then hit update when asked.

CMH, is there a way to change the color of the clock? I cannot see the bright green at all times. I remember you posting a color pallette website - will that work if I open up the data.zip file, change the color, and paste over the stock data.zip? If so, what was that website? Many thanks.