AVIC411.com

F90BT Ground Parking Break Wire Question

Hello,

2005 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4

I just recently got my new F90 installed at the dealership and uploaded the Cmh928 4.5.09 mod

Now I am trying to ground this parking break wire and can't find it? What color is it and where should it be located?

is this the only step I lack in having access to the parking break mod?

thanks for all your help!

Keep in mind that if you're attempting the bypass, you need to also relocate the yellow/black wire (on connector 1, same as the AV in's and out's) up 1, and over 3 between 2 black wires, and ground that as well.

If you really mean tapping into the vehicle parking brake, then that's not grounding, but the vehicle's wire will be connected to the actual brake itself.

Keep in mind that if you're attempting the bypass, you need to also relocate the yellow/black wire (on connector 1, same as the AV in's and out's) up 1, and over 3 between 2 black wires, and ground that as well.

If you really mean tapping into the vehicle parking brake, then that's not grounding, but the vehicle's wire will be connected to the actual brake itself.

No, that's not true. There is no need for the OP to move and ground the mute wire. He has done the Cmh928 4.5.09 mod. It includes the software bypass.

OP: Be sure to cut or disconnect the green parking brake wire from any truck wiring before you ground it [the green wire from the AVIC]. Otherwise, you would get a constant parking brake on warning on the dash.

are these wires located on the harness that comes with the H.U. or the harness that came with the car?

the green parking brake wire comes off the back of the radio and is suposed to connect to the wire on the cars parking brake

hey does anyone know what is better bypass module or ground the parking brake?

just grounding the parking brake wire doesn't work, you need to do one of the parking brake bypasses, either hardware or software