AVIC411.com

Hi Everyone,

Just put the F-90BT into my 06 Avalon. Works great except 8) for one thing. The AM radio reception is terrible.

The installer actually wired another antenna wiich when placed on the outside of the car worked great, but when it was positioned inside on the rear windshield we lost most of the signal. FM is great. He is somewhat perplexed as am I. While I don't listen to much AM radio, there is something going on in the car giving us poor AM reception. Everything else went like clockwork; ipod,bluetooth,etc. Except this.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Regards,

M

I thought of that myself!!! Am thinking of HD radio to get some of it but it needs an antenna as well. If it pulls the signals of off the FM band and I good to go,but are AM stations pulled off of the AM band? If so it might not work.

Regards,

M

My 05 toyota tacoma has the worst reception. The stock radio signal was in and out and now with a 900bt it still is poor.

I think its just toyota and their 'amplified' antenna. I don't really listen to the AM/FM much so its not a big problem.

Although, I was just working in a 2008 avalon and it had a strong signal. Maybe they changed the antenna?

I'll take a look in the next day or two, I got to crack open my dash again.

Thanks for all the responses; I appreciate it. Will check with the installer on Monday to see about the power. Would that antenna power lead have to be hooked up to the old radio (now in the back) to get the power? AM reception before the transplant was great.

Trying to post pics. Not sure why it won't accept an jpeg. file.

Regards,

M