AVIC411.com

F90BT - Civic LX 09' New Owner (Before Install Questions)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about some sort of USB extension cable? Isn't the only way to access this by getting to the back of the unit? If I got an extension cable then I'd be able to access it while the unit was still attached.

I'm not looking for a backup camera or any type of amps and subs.

So an ipod cable, possibly a USB extension cable, and Sirius? Anything else? I'm definitely planning on doing some software mods, maybe changing the skin and definitely reading up more on bypassing the e brake feature.

I'm not sure about the hard drive, but the F90 has a USB cable already connected and long enough to reach into my arm rest/center console. (That's where I keep my iPod) If that's how people are connecting their hard drives, then you just need to figure our where you want to run the wire to. You probably won't need a USB extension.

The bypass was cake. I had no experience with car audio before doing mine and it came out perfect.

Interesting. Again, I'm not prepared to do an install like that myself, but good to see how it should go. I just watched your video once again and you said "I guess you have an after market part as well" in reference to the center dash piece. This isn't the case as the car is still 100% factory, cruising new with only about 300 miles on it.

I just called up some local place and they said about $150 for the install. They then said abotu $75 to integrate the Sirius. You're saying that something like that I can simply do by removing the dash myself in just a couple minutes and tossing it in there? It's really that easy?

And they also said $175 for the new pieces of dash?! I found something for $30 on ebay. Is this all I'd need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HA1561DGB-Gray-2007 ... m153.l1262

Thanks.

$175 for the new dash piece is ridiculous. I am doing the same install this weekend in my '08 EX Sedan. I bought the OEM Dash Piece for the civic model w/ navigation and side brackets from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for $40. The navigation trim ring from Scosche directly for $8. The Scosche HA10B Wiring Harness and HAAB Antenna Adapter from 'volaudio' on ebay for $15. I'm not sure if you have steering wheel controls or not but if you do you will need a steering wheel interface from PAC Audio Model PAC SWI-PS which I purchased on Amazon from 'CarAudioDeals' for ~$45.

I went with the OEM dash piece so that I would have an exact match color wise. I've read that some of the aftermarket kits were a little off. Also, there are two different colors for the center dash piece depending on what color interior you have.

Also, take a look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19696&p=132427&hilit=+honda+civic#p132427

I'm not concerned about XM/Sirius or HD Radio so I can't help you out there...

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any other questions. I may not be able to respond super quickly because I don't have access to the internet for most of the day. But i do check the forum every night and will try to assist.