AVIC411.com

GEX-P10HD "TUNER ER" on D2

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am running into with an AVIC D2 and the Pioneer GEX-P10HD HD radio tuner. I have already had this problem once before and contacted Pioneer (Long Beach, CA). I returned the HD tuner to them and a few weeks later they sent me another unit. I installed it and a few days later same error. I have a D2, the CD-BTB200 bluetooth module and the GEX-P10HD HD radio module. It is all installed and for a short period of time the HD radio tuner works fine. After a few days the HD tuner, accessed via the EXT1 menu on the headunit, displays a station then displays "TUNER ER". No sound, no changing of stations, etc. At this time nothing else works on the HD tuner (presets, etc.) The BT, the IPOD, analog radio, navi, all work w/o problems. I have tried the headunit resets, the unplugging of power, unplugging everything, restarting everything, tried putting the tuner first in the IP bus, and trying only putting the HD tuner on the IP bus but nothing works. When I installed it I used an antenna splitter to feed the antenna to both the analog tuner (back of D2) and the HD tuner. This is the only modification I did to the installation. I have searched the forums and found one other guy who had this problem but his post did not yield a solution. For reference it is a 2005 C230k Mercedes. Can anyone help? Thanks. drew

• 1 year later...

I'm seeing the same problem. Just bought the P10HD online (NOS) and installed it this past weekend. Seems like it works for a bit, then starts cutting out, then finally goes all the way out and says "TUNER ER". I've also seen it give the message "NO RADIO" once before. Did you find a fix for yours? Thanks.