AVIC411.com

I searched and read that other people have had the same problem where the screen wont open. I hear the button sound but no motor sound and it just stays closed. I read in the previous thread which was a couple years old that people thought it may be a temperature issue. It was hot for the first time in awhile today, but i had the unit all last summer and it never gave me a problem. i tried resetting but no luck, are there any updates to this problem? Its installed in a 2002 lexus is300, and ive never had this problem in the 2 years with this unit

thanks

lol. i had the same problem. and as a matter of fact, i took the WHOLE unit apart yesterday, and good news is, i got the motor to work again, bad news, the whole screen is now black n won't even turn on.

by accident i seperated the connector that transmits the video signal, and now i cant fit it back inside cuz no matter what i do, it wont stick!

if you look at the unit, bottom right corner, is a little motor underneath the gps map drive. that motor pushes a white stick that moves the frame in and out.

that stick eitehr 1) became unhooked (since it has 2 hooks, top and bottom), then you could hook it back (which by the way is very hard).

or

2)the hook that holds the white stick broke off, then you are royally screwed cuz you can't glew it back (too small). mine was broken, so i fabricated a new tiny hook by cuttin more off and replacing it. then reattached it down the lining, and then got f***ed w/ the screen. now i can't get the screen to work.

trust me, don't do it, UNLESS you are extremely good w/ small electronic parts that were made for hands the size of a 2 year old. its a risk. if you do it, let me know if your screen broke too. lol