AVIC411.com

Considering F500BT...advice please

...I am considering this in junction with a sony dvd single din SACD deck (mex2000). I could use the pioneer as the screen and to control movies, ipod, etc (since the sony has only the aux input). SO, my question is: Within these forums, i see numerous problems with this unit...most of which can be worked through with some work. I am not handy and would have my install guy take care of this, but i am not sure how tech savy he is in regards to this unit (though he is an authorized pioneer reseller). So, i need to find that out. Would you advise against this unit (possibly in favor of the nuvi 5000 or some 7" model) in conjunction with the sony HU? Can i use a hard drive to plug into the USB...say....320gigs? is the learning curve pretty huge with all the mods and hacks? If i were to do those mods and hacks, would i need to get into the wiring (right now there is an empty DD space), or is it all software based. I am torn and need some pro advice. since you guys have the unit, you are the pros.

Thanks all!

mike