AVIC411.com

Help!!!! flash drive is emtpy wont boot and just turns off!!

any news on this please im worried as hell iv done the same thing my system kept resetting its self so wiped it was going to reload all the software back onto it. but before i could the power went and lost everything now when i try and start it it just flashes a load screen then turns off and if i try and do test mode it lets about 50% of the copy screen do its thing then it turns off again

any help be soooo good thanks you so much in advance so worried

Who told you to wipe everything off the unit? Wiping is never a good idea unless you KNOW exactly what you are deleting. Only the user\userdata folder is safe to delete.

Overwriting the files on the avic with a good backup is what you needed to do. If it is under warranty, send it back. If not, do a search for uBoot on here and good luck.

I wiped just about everything from my unit. It gave an error message for about 3 files saying that they were unable to be deleted. Everything else was cleared. I was able to load everything back up. Took about 15 minutes to delete all files and about 20-25 to load them all back. Try an empty sd card with just the test mode file and see if the unit starts. It should. If it works then just load the sd card with the approximately 1.7 gigs of files and transfer them to the machine.

i can load into boot mode for about 5 seconds it starts to copy the files as it does then turns off but the fan is still on and there is power although the lights to the map and menu buttons are not lite any more, iv tried the sd card with just the testmode files and it does the same, where can i find the Uboot and what does it do thanks so much for your help

an update on pioneer they said i can send it to who i bought it off they are saying i have to pay postage im in the uk they are in the states even though it is broke and it was broke before i kinda messed it up it was turning on and off every 2-3 mins or so. and pioneer has said send it to an authorized dealer and ill have to pay pioneer will have nothing to do with it even though all i told them is it wont turn on.

and this unit isnt even a week old

yes i did, luckily, so there is nothing i can do ? its booting up though then either it tries to load something and it tells it to turn off or something else is causing it to turn off ie, cables or something or maybe my car. is there no way to connect the flash drive that is in the machine to my computer or something to read it and transfer the files .

the big that confuses me is that it loads for about 5 seconds then turns off its trying to do something but then something tells it to turn off ? any help would be great or ideas anything is good

thanks