AVIC411.com

What is Leet Launcher? IGO? TomTom? Garmin?

Obviously a noob here.

I've been doing some research mainly into the hardware aspect of my new AVIC-F90BT unit. I'll be having it professionally installed and then any additional mods I'll be doing myself, such as adding Sirius, iPod, possibly an external hard drive, etc.

My question is about some of the software modifications. Not just the skins, but actual applications. I've looked into some basic things like "Test Mode" and understand the basic of how some of these software mods work.

I'm just curious to learn about some of the basics. I looked over the sticky but didn't really find any answers. What exactly is Leet Launcher and what is it capable of? What is IGO, and what is it capable of that the stock GPS unit is not capable of? What about TomTom and Garmin? Are these all GPS software apps? Do you run them simultaneously or choose the one you like the most?

Just wanted to see if I could get any basic clarification here.

Thanks.

well welcome to this forum. next....it is VERY important you keep reading different posts and sooner or later you will understand everything. trust me! but for a start, here are some answers. and you can thank me later!

Leet Launcher is a new interface that works on the f90bt that was designed by this guy whose name is leet launcher. the f90bt runs on windows, so technically it is windows runnin w/ a software (thats what you see when you turn it on). leet launcher basically developed his own. see it like windows xp and vista. similar things, but slightly different. and what is it capable of? dude, just do the reading, you kinda expect it handed to you. its a lot of reading, but your questions will be answered.

igo is the actual gps software that runs on your unit (you can research all of that yourself since i have a post asking what igo is.)

tomtom and garmin are diff. gps softwares that can be used. BUT, trust me, your are MONTHS away of research to even be capable of figuring out how to put tomtom or garmin on the f90bt n make it work. so don't mess w/ it! trust me!

do the reading, and u will find out if they run together or seperate. you are having very basic questions. if you just read up until at least page 5 of leet launcher u would have all your answers and much more!

enjoy reading!

LOL, well thanks for your time. I understand that "forum vets" sometimes get a little frustrated when new guys come on and ask questions which have been asked before. But it sometimes gets frustrating to the "noobs" when the "vets" spend more time lecturing them to search and read then just helping to answer their questions.

I've done much preliminary research and most importantly read over the forum sticky. From what I'm gathering it appears that many of those Tom Tom and IGo add ons are a big benefit to Euro users, not so much as American users. Could be completely wrong, but a basic google search linked me to European based images of these products.

I read up on the Wiki page about Leet Launcher and it seemed that when running Leet Launcher, many of the basic functions like radio, xm, sirius, ipod, etc. So it's like running the Windows CE through "test mode", but just a new OS called Leet Launcher? If true, my question then it what's the benefit?

I'll continue my searches. I just think there should be a very very very fundamental F&Q that can help to address new users like myself. I'll continue my lurking around the forums to attempt to better grasp the basics that the AVIC-F90BT have to offer :)

If you understand the concept with TestMode, you should pick up LeetLauncher too. Its essentailly the same concept to stop running the stock AVIC software directly. TestMode brings you into WindowsCE console so you can copy over the modifications.

LeetLauncher(viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522) as simply put - "this launcher will boot up before the main AVIC kiosk is launch." The meaning for it is such that people can run their own preference of GPS software of choice. iGo8.3, TomTom, Garmin are all various kind of GPS softwares.

Since you sound like you are new to all these moding thing, I wouldn't touch leetlauncher just yet since it really do you no good. You can problaby look at some of the more common packaged - mods by cmh - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23338 or i.die.trying - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695

well i understand you don't like vets lecturing. but to be honest, i asked EVERY question you have asked when i signed up. you can even view through my post history, and I think it would help you ALOT. cuz i asked the same questions, got yelled at and some answered.

therefore, leet launcher is a little too complicated for you. i haven't even tried it out yet, but might sometime soon. its simply as if you put a new gps unit into your car. it works a lil diff. but its not finished yet n therefore some of the things don't work w/ each other.

keep readin bro, you will understand a lot. do a forum search of "f-series" and then click on hacks and modification section, scroll down to the bottom, and click on "sort on most viewed" and then go through the top 15 most viewed posts n read them. that will help a lot!