AVIC411.com

F900BT No Power Please Help!!

Hi guys

Got in the car yesterday and it was working fine all day. after driving around for most of the day i went out to pick someone up and found my head unit would not switch on at all. I literally get nothing no button lights no backlight on the screen absolute FA. It has since not powered on at all today and i have been out in it a few times. I have taken it out and checked the wiring behind, all fine. I have checked all the fuses again all fine. i have tried pressing the reset button on the front with no success i have disconnected the power from the back and reconnected it still nothing. What do i do? i have only had the unit a couple of months. :cry:

Bit of an update i got in my car to go to work this morning and still no power. Wehn i got to work i turned the engine off and switched the ignition back on again and it worked! I finished work and got back in the car to go home and it no longer works again. Please help i hae no idea whats causing this. :(

I know you said you checked all your wiring -- but specifically: how did you connect your wiring -- where is your ground connection?

Often times, particularly with this unit that has a C-ring for a ground connection, a poor ground will result in the behavior your unit is demonstrating.

Did you install it yourself?

Are all connections soldered?

Are all connections overwrapped with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing? (highly recommended to isolate all power wires)

I would recommend running a heavy gauge wire from the black wire (off the main Pio harness -- ground) and run it to the chassis firewall and find a good bolt to attach it to (use a crimp style O-ring and securely attach it to the bolt). Then double check all your connections -- consider soldering all connections (pay particular attention to the yellow and red wires)

Once you've done all that and you're sure the ground is good and the connections are solid, you're then ANOTHER victim of the Avic plague and you've received yet another POS avic f-series stereo.

best of luck