AVIC411.com

bmp reflections

Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of months and have found tons of great info here, thanks! I have installed the cmh all-in-one along with a few other hacks and mods I've found but here's my problem. I have edited my image.res a bit and made my own custom top menu bmps. When I load them, however, I still see the reflections that were underneath the images in the cmh mod. The reflections are not on my bmp files as I have created them from scratch. I have searched through all the images I can find and I see no image with the relection on it. Anyone know where I might find the files?

Thanks,

Dino

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have attached a pic of my top menu screen. You can clearly see the reflection from the original Cmh mod beneath my new images, especially the first (earth) image. I have searched the entire res file and cannot figure out where these reflections are coming from. Any ideas?

post-34184-12872757644469_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have attached a pic of my top menu screen. You can clearly see the reflection from the original Cmh mod beneath my new images, especially the first (earth) image. I have searched the entire res file and cannot figure out where these reflections are coming from. Any ideas?[attachment=0]IMG_0779.JPG[/attachment]

what program did you use to make those? the reason why the reflections are still there is because i'm assuming that you just painted over the existing BMP, if that was the case then you also need to modify the alpha layer of the BMP, the alpha layer is what's causing the reflection,

I used Photoshop CS to make the images. Now that I think about it, I think I did paint over the old images. I made them over a month ago and forgot. Anyway, I'm not sure how the transparency of the original image would show through what I painted and pasted over top of it, but then again I'm no PS expert. So, how do I modify the alpha layer or can I just paste a solid image over the black background?

I used Photoshop CS to make the images. Now that I think about it, I think I did paint over the old images. I made them over a month ago and forgot. Anyway, I'm not sure how the transparency of the original image would show through what I painted and pasted over top of it, but then again I'm no PS expert. So, how do I modify the alpha layer or can I just paste a solid image over the black background?

go to the channels tab and click on the alpha channel, check out the thread regarding car image as arrows and it pretty much explains what you need to do