AVIC411.com

F500BT 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan install

I've done a lot of searching here and on google, but I can not find the clear answer to the question of where is the stereo power wire located on a 2003 Infiniti G35 :?: Also where would be a good place to ground.

I ask this because I want the cradle to have constent power when I place my f500bt on it.

I hope that I don't have to take the HU/AC unit apart to be able to do this.

I understand how to apply the software bypass, which I will do once I have this correctly connected.

If I'm placing this question in the wrong place please move it to the correct area.

Thanks

Romey

The (various) wires you would need to connect to will be within the cars wiring loom: wherever they run from will be hard to ascertain, but where they run to is much easier to know - the head unit. So I would say almost certainly the best place to do your connections will be at your h/u. And if you're installing the ND-G500 amp you will definitely have to connect to your h/u.

The (various) wires you would need to connect to will be within the cars wiring loom: wherever they run from will be hard to ascertain, but where they run to is much easier to know - the head unit. So I would say almost certainly the best place to do your connections will be at your h/u. And if you're installing the ND-G500 amp you will definitely have to connect to your h/u.

Thanks for the fast reply.

No I don't intend to use the G500, I'm content with using a headphone jack/ tapedeck converter for sound which sounds good enough for me.

Plus I only expect to have the car for about another year so I don't want to have to do a lot to remove the F500bt when I change cars.

I guess I don't have to get to the stereo power wire if I can find another location to draw constance power from, and ground it as well.

I was hoping that it may be located under the stiring colume panel which does not look to be too hard to remove and replace.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

Right, well your easiest option is to use the cradle together with the cig. lighter power adaptor: see the thread linked below

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23872

Good luck :wink:

Thanks once again for the reply.

Here is why I guess I need to connect the yellow power wire, and brake/ground wire.

Without them connected if I use the fat black cable connected to the cradle then I can not use certain options such as being able to put in an address that I don't already have in my favorites or even change settings in MSN Direct which does not work if you do not supply power to the cradle.

I also don't think the software bypass will work correctly with out the brake wire still needing to be grounded.

Just as an aside I see you also have a F500BT. How do you have it set up? Are you using the software bypass?

Thanks for your help, and if anyone could chime in and tell me a good and easy location to connect for constant power and ground I would greatly appreciate it.