AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Strange, this mod seems to only work when i delete my save files in igo8 folder, then once i turn it off and on again, it starts a reboot loop. so only the first time on a fresh save folder...

Id love to use this mod because the 2.06 nav is so plain!

btw this mods great! :) wish it would work 100% of the time though.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, this mod seems to only work when i delete my save files in igo8 folder, then once i turn it off and on again, it starts a reboot loop. so only the first time on a fresh save folder...

Id love to use this mod because the 2.06 nav is so plain!

btw this mods great! :) wish it would work 100% of the time though.

Same happens on my unit when i tried using this Mod

I just tested the nav mod again, re download the file and uploaded it to thumbdrive, tested, still rebooting.

I swear the sys file was different... and there was a font or 2

Download and extract the digital font on page 40 and install it in apl2/igo folder. Should take care of re-boot issues.

Cheers, I figured there was something :P

How you guys been? NSEW I saw you got your trip calc working nicely.

• 1 month later...

March 23 update

+ In Trip Computer, instead of switching Via Point/Destination, calls up route plan.

+ In route plan, remembers zoom level. Moving through via points centers the map on them. Added FIT button for full view.

+ "Speed Breaker" camera type can have default speed value specified in system.ini in the [warning] section: speed_breaker="30"

+ Speed log saved only manually: go to log screen, and save from there. Log is saved to userlist\speed.log. Also copied to a flash card (Settings - Copy speed log+save date). Saves internal flash memory from wear.

+ Mobile Camera Collection function.2 modes available (Settings-Warning): mark presence/absence, or off. Collection of the next mobile speed trap is turned on 300 meters (~300 yards) before. Radar icon will have a spinning ring around it. 10 seconds after passing it turns to stopped with a countdown timer. During that time you can click the radar icon to confirm or reject mobile camera. Click is confirmed with a sound and ring is changed to a flashing blue ring. Export to flash card: Settings-Run-Transfer Camlog to USB (userlist\camera.log). Current log is automatically removed. All parameters set in? Settings-Warning

+ Query (Searches Criteria) works again as intended: search POIs by given criteria(location+POI group+ POI text).

+ DATA.ZIP cleaned up by 1.7MB by crick

March 23 update

+ In Trip Computer, instead of switching Via Point/Destination, calls up route plan.

+ In route plan, remembers zoom level. Moving through via points centers the map on them. Added FIT button for full view.

+ "Speed Breaker" camera type can have default speed value specified in system.ini in the [warning] section: speed_breaker="30"

+ Speed log saved only manually: go to log screen, and save from there. Log is saved to userlist\speed.log. Also copied to a flash card (Settings - Copy speed log+save date). Saves internal flash memory from wear.

+ Mobile Camera Collection function.2 modes available (Settings-Warning): mark presence/absence, or off. Collection of the next mobile speed trap is turned on 300 meters (~300 yards) before. Radar icon will have a spinning ring around it. 10 seconds after passing it turns to stopped with a countdown timer. During that time you can click the radar icon to confirm or reject mobile camera. Click is confirmed with a sound and ring is changed to a flashing blue ring. Export to flash card: Settings-Run-Transfer Camlog to USB (userlist\camera.log). Current log is automatically removed. All parameters set in? Settings-Warning

+ Query (Searches Criteria) works again as intended: search POIs by given criteria(location+POI group+ POI text).

+ DATA.ZIP cleaned up by 1.7MB by crick

Hi Boris:

I installed the 3/23/10 data file and I got an error message after loading that says:

Failed to open file

$traffic_speed.small.spr

Exiting Application

I did deleted my user files after the first time and still have the same result.

Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks

Jimbo

get the picture from your previous data.zip and add the file mentioned to the new data at ui_pioneer\common

One guy and me we tried to clean up the data.zip from unneeded bmps :)

It has never been tested for the US, so it is possible that some pics are absent

Thank you. I copied over the file and it now works.

Thanks

JImbo

• 1 month later...
when i replace the data.zip in my avic F500BT...appears a text box : system startup in PROGRESS..plz wait......any solution for this problem?

thanks guys!

Did you add th font file as well?

• 2 months later...

Just came back from my test drive with this. It's awesome, really. Superb work – I love it!

One minor bug I noticed:

– While using an iPod, the cover-art prevents the speed-limit sign from being displayed.

Keep up the great work!

Daniel