AVIC411.com

Internal AMP shut off

Not using the RCA outputs and my vehicle is equipped with a factory AMP, anyway to cutoff the internal amp? Line output converter to GMAH24 does not work. I'm getting a hiss from all my speakers with zero volume selected on the HU. When I turn the line output converter down the hiss vanishes but introduces a new sound that sounds like a CD loading.

2008 Corvette w/o Bose

Pioneer F90BT

Peripheral GMAH24 and GMAHCM

Tried the Peripheral ISEV61 (It fixed the hiss, but introduced the new sound above)

Any help?

Thanks

Scott

You are not using the RCA connections so the preout voltage does not matter. Not sure where the problem is in this case. I think you did right to turn down the out put on the adaptor to get the hiss out but I do not know what the other sound is. Since you do not have a boss system i would bypass the factory amp and use the one on the radio.

Solved the problem of the hiss on my F90BT... I spliced in some RCA cables from the GMAH24 to the HU RCA output. Hiss, funky noise, and the problem when every time I'd select a function the beep would hiss and momentarily get louder are all gone.

Scott

Just sent you a PM, but, posting here as well incase someone else is interested.

Hi, Scott,

I just read your solution on the forum. I have F700BT and have been trying to resolove this hissing issue ever since I had it installed. I have a factory amp (Monsoon instead of Bose), and hear hiss when I press any screen or during voice navigation.

You are the first person to solve this issue. Could you kindly explain what you did with RCA? How you spliced into the harness and HU. Right now, my F700BT is connected to the factory harness and factory amp is taking speaker level input (not RCA).

I am not very tech savvy so you might have explain in details. Pictures or diagram would greatly help too.

I don't think that's what the original poster has done. From your description, you simply used RCA pre-outs to go into your factory amp, right? When I do that with Monsoon, the factory amp doesn't turn on because the signal is too weak.

• 2 months later...

I too had the hissing noise on my AVIC-F90BT, even at zero volume, and it was amplified whenever I pressed a button. It was driving me crazy.

My installer simply bypassed the factory amp (which involved clipping wires from the harness, and tying and capping them together. I was concerned that the volume would be too low without the amp, but he assured me that the power from the AVIC was enough - and he was right. I can get it as loud as I would ever want it, and it sounds SO much better. I'm extremely pleased - he even removed the factory amp. FWIW, I have a Toyota 4Runner.

If anyone is looking for a good installer in the Los Angeles area, I heartily recommend No Static in Canoga Park. The guy who runs the place has an AVIC in his car. Everyone there is very knowledgeable, professional, and honest. I was very impressed.