AVIC411.com

ezrider fatal application error. Even after pioneer reflash.

I have had the F90bt about 6-9 months and love it. I got it with the initial software and updated it to 2.0 when it first came out. It has ZERO software mods but is harness hacked which was done on day one. I have changed absolutely nothing else.

Last week the radio popped up an error message at start up saying the ezrider program had a fatal application error. If you touched the button it would boot in and play for a while. then reboot and do the same thing. If you didnt hit the ok button it would eventually reboot on its own. It would continuously reboot even if the radio was turned off.

I read on here that some were replacing the ezrider file with that from a backup OR some were sending them in to Pioneer for a reflash. I had the radio pulled out and sent back to Pioneer. I got it back yesterday and had it installed this morning. After only about 25 minutes total drive time after reinstall fresh from Pioneer service it happened again.

I called pioneer and was immediately asked if the radio was hacked. They said it will continue to do this until the hack is removed/rewired and the reset button is pushed/held for 5 seconds. Obviously I complained about the error and asked even if it were hacked, why no error for 6-9 months and now 2 times in 1 week. They had no excuse. I held the reset button for 5 seconds to at least get music and it worked for the drive home. The error mentioned the ezrider program, then 'exception 0xC0000005', then 'address 4C004538'.

What do I do now???

Thanks for the response.

I am using the maps that were shipped in the unit. No upgrades here. I'm not sure of the exact version.

No igo changes either. Everything is exactly as shipped from the factory. With the exception of the hardwired bypass (ground wire and pin change).

I will look into the hacked version of the ezrider file. I was hoping not to have to mess with hacking/changes. But if thats what it takes, then I may try it.

Any other suggestions?

A quick update. I have not made any changes to the system but somehow it has been been ok since I held the reset button for 5 seconds on Friday.

I am sure it's a coincidence but is there any logical reason this should have solved the issue?

My next change will be to install the full install from cmh928.