AVIC411.com

Copied Testmode onto my Avic...now what?

I was having problems downloading testmode off my sd card onto my avic. Now i've popped it in, it says it's copying, then the green box shows up and i close it but i'm not sure if i'm done now. I want to download the APPLE ICONS but i want to make sure my unit is safe before trying anything. I read that i need to back up my unit first in case but i haven't done this and not really sure how to. Thanks for the help.

Before you change anything on your unit it is highly recommended to back up the flash disk. You can do it by copying all the contents you can find in "My Flash Disk" to the SD card (has to be 2gb) or USB stick if you have one. Just select all items inside My Flash Disk, click edit/copy, navigate to your SD card or USB stick (create new folder there) and edit/paste. After a while when its done you can copy the apple theme aka image.res you downloaded to My Flash Disk/APL and you're done.

HTH,

Stan

I was having problems downloading testmode off my sd card onto my avic. Now i've popped it in, it says it's copying, then the green box shows up and i close it but i'm not sure if i'm done now. I want to download the APPLE ICONS but i want to make sure my unit is safe before trying anything. I read that i need to back up my unit first in case but i haven't done this and not really sure how to. Thanks for the help.

why do you need to copu the testmode files onto your avic?