AVIC411.com

Image.res File Map

Hi there,

I'm new to the board, but have been reading for a few weeks now. I just installed a AVIC-F90BT in my 2008 Impala and flashed it with Cmh928's mod. So far, I love it, although I've only messed with it a few days, but I'm sure I'll like it more and more.

I've searched through the forums and wiki and was unable to come up with a resource that mapped out the image names to their locations within the navigation program. I would like to start creating a personalized theme and it would be much easier than testing each image and looking for it if there was some sort of guide already created for this.

I look forward to contributing to this forum with custom mods and themes as I get more and more familiar with my unit. I have a background in application development and do web programming mainly now. So hopefully I'll be able to catch on and possible contribute to leetloader or other 3rd party F-series applications.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-mrboris

No guide exists. The image.res file has all the graphics for the sources/phone/ menus/ voice rec. It is actually a 7-zip archive and unzips easily. All files in the image.res are normal BMPs with an alpha layer for transparency. The Nav graphics are all in the data.zip file. Alot of them are in a special BMP format and you will need IPIE or MioMap explorer to convert them. A good place to start would be to grab Superman's red theme and arrange the data.zip files by date to see what he has modified.

I'm having trouble getting my virtual console to load my new Image.Res file. correct me if I am wrong in my procedure.

Extracting Image folder from Image.Res using winrar, making my image changes and raring it into Image.rar, and renaming from rar to Res. Is winrar not a good program to use for this, I've noticed that my file size is significantly larger.

What is the recommending/working steps for editing and creating new Image.Res files?

Thanks,

7-zip! this is what the avic uses. there is a UNIX port of it if you can't use the windows version. WinRar and WinZip will both cause problems with the avic. Neither one can save to a 7z format.

Also make sure when you re-zip them that there is only an "image" folder in the root of the archive.

finally got it working. it was the "image" folder inside the archive I was missing.

unfortunatly, on the xm, some things did not look right so I switched back, I think I will stick with the stock look for now, but I will add that "pioneer" logo to my top menu.

it is a shame they did not do more with Avic Feeds, they could have let you customize the entire thing in the PC and then uploaded to you head unit. oh well, this is still a big leap from my D3.

thank you for all the help.