AVIC411.com

SWI-ps for steering control

You could! if the head unit supports it! it will take some messing around though! you'd have to measure the resistence to earth from your steering wheel control sw wire for each button that you currently have installed by pressing each button in turn and recording the values! and then pick a resistence different those values recorded, wire up your new switch with the required resistor and then programe SWi-ps accordingly. or you could just program say programe your mute or mode button as a bluetooth controll (any button you don't use often).

I just install the swi-ps for steering control. It has new feature to control the bluetooth but my Honda Pilot did not have the button, is there any way that i can add the button for it? That gonna be cool mod :lol:

The F-series only responds to certain commands from the steering wheel remote input. I am not too sure what you mean by "It has new feature to control the bluetooth" for the swi-ps, but the bottom line is that no matter what the swi-ps is capable of, it is restricted by what the f-series is programmed to interpret.

See the following thread for details of the commands that are available:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22824

I mean you they add 3 more programming on swi-sp. to see phone status, to answer call, and End call. But my honda steering wheel control only had 3button. CH to change the next song, VOL up VOL down, and AM/FM to change the source. Now I want to try add another set of button ( 2 button) to use answer the call and end call. But I not sure what kind of button that I can use? thanks

I mean you they add 3 more programming on swi-sp. to see phone status, to answer call, and End call. But my honda steering wheel control only had 3button. CH to change the next song, VOL up VOL down, and AM/FM to change the source. Now I want to try add another set of button ( 2 button) to use answer the call and end call. But I not sure what kind of button that I can use? thanks

OK I get that, but I presume that as you are posting it here, you are trying to control an F-series via the swi in your Honda? What I am saying is that even if your Honda had the steering wheel buttons (or if you created them) for phone status, answer call etc, the F-series will not action these commands in any case.

Unless someone can hack the part of the F-series that processes the steering wheel commands, you are not going to be able to get this to work, no matter how many buttons you create or what the swi is capable off. Sorry, but you would be wasting your time trying to do this.

Yes it does, the PAC instruction said " there is 3 new steering wheel control actions for PIONEER radio with a Bluetooth receiver. and if you look at the honda 2008 and 2009 steering wheel control they have another set of button, one with green phone icon and one with red phone icon. So i think these command will work with the F series.

Yes it does, the PAC instruction said " there is 3 new steering wheel control actions for PIONEER radio with a Bluetooth receiver. and if you look at the honda 2008 and 2009 steering wheel control they have another set of button, one with green phone icon and one with red phone icon. So i think these command will work with the F series.

Programe one of your other buttons to perform theses functions just to trial it!

Talk to PAC and ask them specifically about the f-series and telephone commands. I promise you this cannot work as I have tried every possible resistance value to the steering wheel remote connection and none of them are a telephone specific command. The only commands available to the steering wheel input are Vol+/-, Track(or Freq in Tuner mode)+/-, Mute,Source & Band.

I am only trying to stop you wasting time and money.

Thank you, but I did try with another button ( CH) and it work but then i lost the change source which i need too. Maybe I have to sacrifice the source to use for answer the phone still i find the the steering control housing that have more button on it. Take a look at these picture.

post-34154-12872757637363_thumb.jpg

post-34154-12872757641681_thumb.jpg

Thank you, but I did try with another button ( CH) and it work but then i lost the change source which i need too. Maybe I have to sacrifice the source to use for answer the phone still i find the the steering control housing that have more button on it. Take a look at these picture.[attachment=0]DSCN2449.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN2448.JPG[/attachment]

If this really did work, this is big news! What function did you map to the CH button, and what exactly does it do on the f-series? Does the preset up/down work also?

Edit - just found this review on crutchfield so I guess the preset answer is no

"Nearly perfect

Written By Tomas, Franklin, MA on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just installed this in my 2008 Subaru Impreza. Simple to wire up with just three wires (white/black/red); programming took a couple of tries since you have to finish it within a few seconds. Working great immediately afterwards; button response had little to no lag, and I was able to get vol +/-, mute, source and track +/- all working perfect. Only problem is that track +/- on my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT receiver is also seek +/- (for radio)... would have been better for me if those functions have been matched up with preset +/-. Otherwise I have no complaints... highly recommend installing this if you want to get your car's steering wheel controls working with your aftermarket head unit. "

I'd still be very interested if the phone commands really are available, and if so, what resistance they use.

Thank you, but I did try with another button ( CH) and it work but then i lost the change source which i need too. Maybe I have to sacrifice the source to use for answer the phone still i find the the steering control housing that have more button on it. Take a look at these picture.[attachment=0]DSCN2449.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN2448.JPG[/attachment]

If this really did work, this is big news! What function did you map to the CH button, and what exactly does it do on the f-series? Does the preset up/down work also?

Edit - just found this review on crutchfield so I guess the preset answer is no

"Nearly perfect

Written By Tomas, Franklin, MA on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just installed this in my 2008 Subaru Impreza. Simple to wire up with just three wires (white/black/red); programming took a couple of tries since you have to finish it within a few seconds. Working great immediately afterwards; button response had little to no lag, and I was able to get vol +/-, mute, source and track +/- all working perfect. Only problem is that track +/- on my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT receiver is also seek +/- (for radio)... would have been better for me if those functions have been matched up with preset +/-. Otherwise I have no complaints... highly recommend installing this if you want to get your car's steering wheel controls working with your aftermarket head unit. "

I'd still be very interested if the phone commands really are available, and if so, what resistance they use.

It like remote control. First i map it to change the seek >>, they forward my am fm preset, song on you SD , CD. Then I change to anwers my phone. Now I'm thinking change it to END CALL and use AUTO ANWERS on avic.

I use the control on avic to forward and back, AM/FM on my steering wheel for the source.

It like remote control. First i map it to change the seek >>, they forward my am fm preset, song on you SD , CD. Then I change to anwers my phone. Now I'm thinking change it to END CALL and use AUTO ANWERS on avic.

I use the control on avic to forward and back, AM/FM on my steering wheel for the source.

Is there any chance you could measure the resistance across the connector to the avic (between the tip and base ring) when the swi-ps is giving the answer and end call commands?

Is there any chance you could measure the resistance across the connector to the avic (between the tip and base ring) when the swi-ps is giving the answer and end call commands?

Sorry I don't know how to. I didn't use any resistance on my unit. just 3 wire i install, red for ignition, black for ground. and white go to the steering control . then do the program that all,