AVIC411.com

I had my 700BT installed yesterday and so far, I really like it. IS there a way to increase the boot speed. It takes 1-2 minutes to boot when I turn on my car.

Thanks

If you don't want to hack just don't plug you ipod or you SD card in when you start up.It'll a bit faster.After the unit start up then you plug in the SD or ipod (for the ipod only turn on the VR for the first time you plug your ipod in after that turn it off. When you update new song in your ipod you need to turn your VR on to update the unit) I find it faster to bootup.

Always switch to a source screen or main menu before turning off car. Otherwise, you wil have to wait for navigation to fully boot before you hear music. Doing it this way, I have the iPod sound and screen up and functional within 10-15 seconds. Nav takes another 30 seconds at the most before OK is clickable.

Always switch to a source screen or main menu before turning off car. Otherwise, you wil have to wait for navigation to fully boot before you hear music. Doing it this way, I have the iPod sound and screen up and functional within 10-15 seconds. Nav takes another 30 seconds at the most before OK is clickable.

Are you sure, my unit (F900BT) does play music with in 30-40 sec (with just showing startup pic) after i turn on my car and i do not switch to main menu or source screen. it mostly will be on nav screen when i turn off my car... :!:

Are you sure, my unit (F900BT) does play music with in 30-40 sec (with just showing startup pic) after i turn on my car and i do not switch to main menu or source screen. it mostly will be on nav screen when i turn off my car... :!:

i think what he's saying is if you leave your ipod attached to the unit then it's better to leave it on the source screen,

when ever i leave the unit on navi mode when i shut the car off my time's are 10secs music from CD will start playing, 38secs. the unit is fully booted and 68 secs bluetooth is connected,

whenever i leave the unit in the av source my times are 10, 24, 68, respectively,